You can share assets from the library with a public link. You can customize the URL by which your files are shared. By default, the system generated files URL have the following format. You can update it to any URL the clients want using the custom domain integration.
For example, the default URL for My Organization would be ksheut.files.welcomesoftware.com, but you can integrate files.myorganization.com instead. So, after the custom domain integration, the URL looks like files.myorganization.com/download/<unique_file_guid>.
Add a custom domain
- Go to your avatar > Organization > Custom Domain.
- Click Add New. The Add New Custom Domain dialog box displays.
- Select the type of domain and enter the domain, then click Save. The domain display in the list.
- The domain should be a fully qualified subdomain, such as files.org.com. You cannot add top-level domains (such as org.com).
- You must have a unique domain. You cannot save the domain if it is used by another organization.
- The DNS Record displayed on the table needs to be created or inserted in your own domain's DNS Provider (contact the development team in charge of managing your organization's domain). After the records are updated on the domain, it may take some time to become available for use (less than 24 hours).
- After creating the DNS records, click Check Status to verify if the record was propagated. If the records are not verified yet, an error message says to try again later. If the records are added correctly and get propagated, Check Status is replaced with Verified.
You can download the records by opening the option menu (...) and selecting Download as CSV.
Activate the Domain
Click Activate to use the domain as your default domain for library files.
When the domain is activated a message and Activated label displays.
After successful activation, the custom domain is used as the public link for the library files.
Delete a domain
Click Delete (trashcan icon) next to a domain to delete it. After you delete a custom domain, the default system-generated URL is used as the public link for files.