Optimizely Configured Commerce business users can install Universal Analytics, Google Analytics 4, or a Google Tag Manager container on their various websites and domains. The steps to install Google Analytics 4 are shown below.
Locate your Google Analytics ID
Using the Google Analytics implementation will allow you to provide a unique Google Analytics property ID (often referred to as a Measurement ID) and the domains in which you want that tracker installed, and Configured Commerce will place the required tracking snippet with your provided Measurement ID in the correct location across all pages on your site. If you are having trouble locating your Measurement ID, see Set up Analytics for a website and/or app in Analytics Help. This is typically the easiest way to implement Google Analytics tracking.
Follow the Setup Assistant after you create your Google Analytics property.
Make note of the Measurement ID you wish to use for tracking, as you will need to enter it in the next step.
Update the Google Tracking settings
There are three settings responsible for Google Analytics configuration:
|Google Tracked Domains||Comma-separated list of all the domains this website is hosted where you want the tracker|
|Google Tracking Account ID||The Measurement ID of the Google Analytics tracker you are installing|
|Google Tracking Type||Google Analytics 4|
- Go to the Admin Console > Administration > System > Settings to update these settings.
- Enter Google track into the search box. The three settings will display.
- Notice that the System Settings finger tab is highlighted, showing that the three settings are located within this section.
- Click the System Settings finger tab.
- Notice all three Google Analytics settings are displayed under the Analytics section. If desired, click the X in the search box to clear the yellow highlighting.
Be sure to select the correct target for which the settings will be applied: Global (all sites) or a specific website. If any websites already have a unique setting that is not the Global Default, an icon displays beside the setting. Selecting Global Defaults and updating settings will not override any unique website focused settings.
- Update the setting fields: choose the Tracking Type, identify the Tracked Domains (click Add More to add additional domains), and enter your Tracking Account ID.