The following is a list of the bug fixes and enhancements provided in the August 2023 Release. Some of the bug fixes listed below may address existing Support Articles. A comprehensive list is at the bottom of this page.
August 2023 release highlights
- Website users can toggle pricing and inventory on or off to show potential customers products without displaying customer-specific pricing.
- You can unassign related products via import and bulk unassign products and customers from restriction groups via import.
- VMI users can click on the tiles on the dashboard to go to specific metric reports, such as Below Minimum or Fast Moving.
- You can enable auto-generation for Recently Purchased Products lists.
Binary breaking changes do not necessarily require code changes but rather just a recompilation of the project. This section describes breaking changes to method signatures or to the behavior of methods in Optimizely Configured Commerce.
High risk breaking changes
- Removed instances of
- Removed remaining instances in base code where certificate validity check results were forced to "True". This means self-signed certificates are not trusted by default, blocking a possible MITM attack vector. If this behavior is needed, you can restore it via extension.
Low risk breaking changes for Spire
- Updated Cart Fulfillment method selector widget.
- Removed unused
findLocationModal?: FindLocationModalStyles;from PickUpLocationStyles interface. Use
- Removed unused
Low risk breaking changes
Added the following method to IElasticsearchQueryBuilder interface and implemented it in ElasticsearchQueryBuilder class:
MakeFieldExistsQuery<T>(string field) where T : class;
- This method generates a nest (version 5) Elasticsearch field exists query. When searching for content in Elasticsearch (version 5) Autocomplete, this new method checks if the content items are indexed with pageId field and evaluates Spire pages restrictions accordingly.
- Added PageId property to ISearchContentObject interface and SearchContent class.
- This property is added to store Spire Page Ids in the indexed Content items and to use this data to evaluate Spire Page restrictions when searching for content in Elasticsearch (version 7.10) Autocomplete.
- Removed x86 (32bit) WIS.
- The Commerce Integration Service will now only be released with an x64 installer.
- Removed obsolete method.
IEntityCacheManager.RefreshEntityCachehas been obsolete for some time. It was not being called by customer code according to our inspections, and the interface is non-extensible.
Partners/Developers: You can view a cumulative list of breaking changes, including Spire breaking changes, at the bottom of this page. The spreadsheet has two tabs: one for cumulative breaking changes and one for Spire breaking changes.
Database changes and updates
- Added DisplayPricingAndInventory column to UserProfile table.
- IX_CustomerOrder_PlacedByUserProfileId index added to CustomerOrder table. You may have a slight delay upon upgrade as the index is applied if their CustomerOrder table is very large.
Library changes and updates
No significant changes.
Enhancements and bug fixes
- Added a new Spire widget that allows for placing page breadcrumbs via the CMS.
- Updated the default CMS content in Spire. The default content now displays breadcrumbs by using the new widget. The default content aligns horizontally when the content is set to full-width display via the style guide.
- Added Sprout Social as a user agent.
- Added a tooltip on the My Lists view when the List is shared with all users on a billing account.
- Made Breadcrumb generation code in Spire extensible.
- Added the ability to use full-width buttons with the Sign In External Providers widget.
- Added the ability to unassign related products via import and bulk unassign products and customers from restriction groups via import.
- Added the ability for website users to hide customer-specific pricing and inventory.
- Added a setting to enable auto-generation of Recently Purchased Products lists.
- Added the ability to filter Order History by user orders only.
- Made the VMI dashboard tiles clickable to see specific reports.
- Updated the Google Analytics 4 integration to include currency when sending data.
- Improved the AD Category Images import process to configure image sizes via the "Category Images" job step parameters and source them directly from the Commerce media library.
- Improved nightly maintenance performance by optimizing processing of dynamic recommendations data.
- Added a new setting Customers Also Purchased Maximum Related Products to manage the amount of data retained for dynamic recommendations.
- Fixed an issue where the out of the box Generate Field Translation Records Integration Job sometimes failed in Spire.
- Fixed an error that prevented payment processing for some users when the LanguageCode was set to a different culture than English in Moneris in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where new custom properties for customers did not display after saving and reloading the page in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where some unauthorized user personas saw authorized content in Classic.
- Fixed an issue where a customer received an error when trying to place an order, resulting in two credit card charges after trying to submit again in Classic.
- Fixed an issue where the Send List Email Reminder used the global default email address instead of the specific website's default email address.
- Fixed an issue where customers were redirected to the wrong page after the Change Customer page in Spire.
- Fixed a timeout error that occurred during some Order Submit jobs.
- Fixed an issue where the Code Snippet widget was not expandable in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the ErpOrderNumber data displayed special characters in the database instead of the order number in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Mobile Specific Image option did not display the mobile logo in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the Show Label and Show Icon settings for the SignIn widget did not reflect in the mobile/tablet view in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the JobDefinition export failed and showed a ".htm" file instead of ".json" in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the InRiver CVL Refresh job skipped the first XML file and only created the second one when processing two XML files with the same set of CVL values in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the Rebuild Search Index job failed from the number of languages with a unique record in the Elasticsearch index for each product in Spire.
- Fixed warnings that appeared in the Application Log about Admin Console JSON classes/references in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where logging in as a customer that's not the default customer then opening a new tab to log in to the Admin Console resulted in the storefront page changing to the default customer.
- Fixed an issue where pages set to Sign In Required appeared to anonymous users in search results in Spire.
- Fixed an issue where the _system folder under UserFiles in the Media Library did not show in Spire.
- Swagger is no longer available for production sites (located at
www.sitename.com/swagger). This is not tied to a version and has taken effect for any production deploys on or after 07/27/23. Swagger can still be accessed in sandbox environments at
Related Support Articles