Packages and bundles let you combine several items under one "umbrella" item. But their behavior and usage are quite different.
- A package contains one or more variants, other packages or both, and has a single SKU and price. A package is a single line item in a shopping cart.
- A bundle is a collection of packages, products, and variants, each of which is priced individually, allowing customers to purchase several items at once. Each item in a bundle is a separate line item in a shopping cart. Once added to a cart, a bundle item is treated like any other cart item.
Work with packages
Like other catalog entries, packages have tabs and menu options that let you view and edit their information. To learn about most settings, see Catalog entry properties. Because packages have an SKU and price, the Pricing and Inventory tabs are available with them.
The Package Entries tab, unique to packages, shows the variants and other packages that make up a package. On that tab, click Edit entries to update a package's items.
Click Manage Entry Groups to add entry groups with which to associate a package's items.
Work with bundles
Like catalog entries, bundles have tabs and menu options that let you view and edit their information. To learn about most settings, see Catalog entry properties. Because bundles do not have an SKU or price, the Pricing and Inventory tabs are not available with them. You can associate bundle entries with entry groups as you can with packages.
The Bundle Entries tab, unique to bundles, shows the entries included in a bundle.
Click Edit entries to edit information about a bundle's packages, products, and variants. From that view, click Add Entry to add items to a bundle.
Delete a package or bundle
If you delete a package or bundle, all links to it from related products and variants are removed.
After deleting a package or bundle, you cannot recover it.
- To delete a package or bundle:
- Open the item's context menu.
- Click Delete.
- Click delete to confirm.
- To delete multiple catalog entries at once, select them from the item list and click Delete from the toolbar.
How the Campaigns feature considers packages and bundles
The Campaigns feature treats a package like any other SKU. Since a package has its own price and quantity, any reductions are made to the package. The Campaigns feature ignores the individual items in a package.
The Campaigns feature does not recognize bundles. It only recognizes the individual SKUs that make up a bundle.