Incorporating videos into a mailing is a great way to get the recipient's attention and surprise them with your creativity. Videos are better than both text and still images at showing a recipient what he wants to know, in very little time and without requiring a word. Videos convey the value of your products much better.
For example, using a 360 degree view, you can demonstrate the features and design of a new product. Videos are also a great tool for obtaining higher response rates and guiding recipients to specific landing pages.
Video email tips
- An email teaser should be no longer than 20 seconds.
- Landing page videos should be no longer than 60 seconds.
- Rapid intercutting between images attracts greater attention.
- Use animation in intros, animate info graphics and transitions.
- Place a call-to-action at the end of a video.