Return Merchandise Authorization is a feature that provides Users the option to request to return material or merchandise back to the client site. This feature is configurable, and may be turned on or off per site.
Returns are initiated from the Order History Detail page on the website/storefront. The Order Status must correctly map to an existing RMA enabled Order Status. See the Order Status Mapping article for more information on how to set this up. Orders must have a status of Complete in order to display the Return Request (RMA) button. The RMA process is as follows:
- Go to the website and from the My Account menu, select Order History.
- Click the order link for the order that needs to be returned.
- Click the Return Request button to initiate the return process.
- A pop-up appears, containing the Return Request form for the User to fill out. Enter the Quantity Returned and select the Return Reason Code from the drop down. The User can enter Order Notes explaining their return.
- Users cannot request to return more than the quantity ordered
- The list of valid Return Reason Codes can be managed via the Admin Console
Return Reason codes are global in a multi-site implementation
- Return Reason Codes may be configured as required or optional per site