Order Status Mapping defines user-friendly display names for ERP-provided order statuses. These mappings should be set up during implementation. Provide an order status like "Submitted" on the Order History and Order History Details pages to keep customers informed about where the order is in the processing cycle. Additionally, Users can simplify and reduce the number of status messages displayed on the website.This article provides the background information and configuration options for order statuses.
Access to Order Status Mapping is located in the Admin Console > Administration > System > Order Status Mapping and is limited to Users assigned the roles of ISC_Admin, ISC_System or ISC_Implementer.
Order statuses can be mapped one-to-one or one-to-many, allowing a User to fine-tune their status messages and account for a variety of similar messaging in the ERP with a single status on the website. For example, client ERPs often have several internal "Process" statuses for an order, but the end customer only needs to know the order is "Processing".
If the Order Status Mapping table were to be left entirely blank (an unlikely scenario, as it should be populated during implementation), the order status would be blank until order information is refreshed from the ERP. Once data is returned from the ERP, the ERP order status will be displayed without being converted to a user-friendly value.
The configuration needs to be completed by a user who has access to the client's ERP, so they can create the mapping records accurately.
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > System > Settings.
- Locate the Show Order Status setting and validate it is set to Yes, which is the default.
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > System > Order Status Mapping.
- Click the Add Order Status Mapping button.
- There are five fields to configure:
- ERP Order Status (Required): The actual status found within the ERP.
- Display Name (Required): What is displayed on the website in place of what is provided by the ERP. There can be multiple records created that are mapped to the same Display Name.
Default Status:If set to Yes, indicates this record is displayed during the Order Submit process or in the event there is a delay/failure in obtaining a response from the ERP. Once the order refresh from the ERP has been successfully completed, it will be overwritten with the updated status.
One status must be set as the default.
- Allow RMA: If set to Yes, indicates that when this status is displayed, an order is eligible to request an Return Merchandise Authorization. See additional documentation on RMA.
- Allow Cancellation: Orders where the Allow Cancellation toggle is set to Yes display the Cancel Order button on the website's Order History Details screen.