Optimizely Search & Navigation adds powerful search functionality to websites. Most visitors abandon a website if they cannot find what they want quickly. With increasing information volumes, menu navigation is insufficient, so search becomes critical for locating information. Search encompasses internet search engines (like Bing) and a website's search function.
Search optimization increases the chances of attracting visitors to your website, keeping them there, and getting them to complete an action, such as registering or shopping. This is closely related to search engine optimization (SEO), "improving the visibility of website content in the search results."
Optimizely Search & Navigation bases search functionality on visitor search behavior and website statistics. Using this information, you can add automatic landing pages, adaptive navigation, and guided search to increase website traffic and boost conversion rates.
This article shows search administrators, such as editors and site administrators, how to set up and use Optimizely Search & Navigation. It also shows developers how to configure and set up search features.
Optimizely Search & Navigation has the following features:
- Develop customized functionality, such as filtering and faceted navigation, based on content properties like price or color.
- An index service and interfaces, which are cloud-based or installed on-premises.
- Multiple language support.
- Indexes any website object, and not only web pages. When an author publishes content, Optimizely Search & Navigation pushes data to the search engine, making or updating content available in near real-time.
- View and analyze search statistics for your websites, and use the statistics to optimize search.
- Explore the site index to see what was indexed and when, and use this information to customize search features.
- Promote selected content (best bets) and manage search phrases without hits.
- Add related queries to guide visitors in their search for specific content.
- Define synonyms for similar search phrases.
- Weight content properties to boost search results as desired.
- Support basic Boolean operators, such as AND, OR, and NOT. Special symbols such as + and - are not supported. Complex nested combinations have limitations.