Personalized mailings can generate powerful KPIs and optimize your conversion rate. A carefully selected target group ensures that your customers receive relevant information at each customer journey stage.
To create tailored mailing campaigns, you can use marketing segments from Optimizely Visitor Intelligence as target groups for mailings in Optimizely Campaign's Smart Campaigns and Marketing Automation
Visitor Intelligence is deprecated and no longer supported. For migration options to Optimizely Data Platform (ODP), contact your sales representative or customer success manager.
What is a marketing segment?
A marketing segment is a collection of user profiles, filtered by criteria such as visits to a specific page on your website or visitors from a specific location.
Optimizely Visitor Intelligence tracks website visitor behavior and stores user profiles in a database, from which you can create a segment. You can also create a segment of visitors matching a specific audience in Optimizely CMS.
You can access Optimizely Visitor Intelligence with the product switcher , or from the Optimizely Campaign menu > Analytics > Optimizely Visitor Intelligence.
The Segments view shows recently created segments and segments labeled as your favorites. You can edit the attributes of a segment from its context menu. You can also click the individual segment to modify its attributes. See Edit a segment.
If you want to create a segment, you can
create a segment by filtering visitor profile data
You can create a segment by filtering visitor activity and historical data.
create a segment based on filter definition
Using a filter definition lets you create advanced segments on visitor activity, historical data, and profile data.
For example, create a segment based on visitor activity and historical data:
- Visitors who have bought specific products during a time range
- Users who have opened any campaign email
- Visitors with abandoned carts today
Smart Campaigns is a tool for sending out one-shot campaigns, such as an event invitation or special Christmas offers. Smart Campaigns lets you send messages through email, print, Mobile Push, and SMS channels.
To use Smart Campaigns, open the Optimizely Campaign menu and select Campaigns > Smart Campaigns.
You can use marketing segments as target groups for new or existing campaigns. To do this, select a campaign in the campaign overview and click Create… or Edit….
To add a segment to your campaign:
- Drag the Segment node from the left action area to the right working area behind the Recipient node.
- On the Segment node, select the marketing segment you want to use as target group.
- Edit your campaign as described in Create and edit a campaign. See also Smart Campaigns nodes.
Marketing Automation lets you create multi-step campaigns with action – and event-based mailings, perfectly adapted to a highly diverse set of target groups using fully automated distribution cycles. You can create campaigns based on your customer database and then refine them when the campaign is up and running.
To use Marketing Automation, open the Optimizely Campaign menu and select Campaigns > Marketing Automation.
You can use marketing segments for new or existing campaigns. Select a campaign in the overview and click Create or Edit to do this.
To add a segment to your campaign:
- Drag the Advanced node from the left action area to the working area on the right.
- On the Advanced node, under Filter by recipients included in all selected Visitor Intelligence segments, select the segment you want to use to limit the target group further.
Only recipients included in the selected marketing segments are passed through the campaign.
- Edit your campaign as described in Create and edit a campaign. See also Marketing Automation nodes.