ManifoldCF uses the Solr Crawl database to crawl registered sites. The database is based on HSQL, and is located in the Solr search server's file system.
NOTE: It is recommended to reach out to Ektron Support prior to going through the steps if they have not been done before.
NOTE: On sites registered with Solr, these steps may make search unavailable until the sites are re-registered. So, it is recommended to perform them during 'off hours'.
If you are asked by Ektron Support to remove the crawl database, follow these steps:
- On the Solr server, open the Services application.
- Locate the Ektron Solr Process Manager service and stop it.
- Open Windows Explorer.
- Go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ektron\Search2.0\ManifoldCF\core\crawldb.
- Delete the contents of the syncharea folder but not the folder itself.
- Delete all other files in the crawldb folder. When done, only the empty syncharea folder should remain under the crawldb folder.
- From the Services application, start the Ektron Solr Process Manager service.
- Launch the Ektron Solr Administration Console and re-register your site.