Ektron search components rely on a combination of attributes to identify the Search Server/FAST content source configured to support your site. These attributes include the database server name and database name for the database associated with your site.
Registration of your site succeeds but crawls never appear to start. The site was redeployed (within the same IIS instance or to a different server) but the database remains the same, resulting in a conflict.
To resolve the issue, the conflicting content source(s) should be manually deleted from SharePoint:
- Access the "Content Sources" screen in the SharePoint Central Administration site for your Search Server/FAST deployment.
- Identify the conflicting content source(s)
- Content sources are created with a name that contains the Ektron database name.
- Conflicting content source(s) will be those where the portions of the name are identical.
- Delete the conflicting content source(s)
- Point to the name of the content source that you want to delete, click the arrow that appears, and then click Delete.
- Click OK to confirm that you want to delete this content source.
- Register your site using the Ektron Search Configuration utility.
Add, edit, or delete a content source (SharePoint Server 2010): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee792875.aspx