The go-live checklist needs to be completed by all Commerce Analytics (B2B) clients to start the provisioning and QA process. Do not start the go-live checklist until after you have configured the Production Google Analytics and Tag Manager environments. This checklist gives Optimizely access to view your Google Analytics data and sends provisioning details to the Optimizely team.
The go-live checklist requires two steps:
- Add Optimizely as a User to your Google Analytics account, which will give Optimizely access to the GA APIs.
- Send an email to Optimizely with key implementation details.
Add Optimizely as a User to access Google Analytics data
- Sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Click Admin in the left navigation bar.
- Go to Account > Account Access Management.
- Select the Add icon.
- Enter the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. Check the box for Notify new users by email.
- Select Viewer for Direct roles and data restrictions and click Add.
- Close the View access management modal.
Send provisioning details to the Optimizely team
This final step is to collect the information that Optimizely needs to provision your B2B Analytics account. Before provisioning your account, the Optimizely team requires the following information:
The Property ID and URL of your Google Analytics account(s).
- Sign into your Google Analytics account.
- Click on Admin, at the bottom left.
- Select the Account and Property that is associated with your GA4 instance.
- Under Property, Select Property Settings.
- The Property ID is listed as the Tracking ID on the Property Settings page.
- Include the Property ID and Website URL in your email to email@example.com.
- The names and emails of the individuals that you would like to have access to B2B Analytics. The standard B2B Analytics contract includes 5 seats. It is possible to purchase additional seats to B2B Analytics at an additional cost. Please decide which users you would like have access to B2B Analytics and provide the first name, last name, and email of each individual in your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once your B2B Analytics instance has been provisioned, you may change the names of the individuals that should have access to B2B Analytics at any time by emailing your Customer Success Manager.
The five customer and product attributes that you would like linked to your instance of B2B Analytics. Several of the dashboards within the Analytics product offer the ability to view and/or filter the data by customer and product groups. Customer and product groups are set by each client in their own instance individually. Please select up to five customer attributes and up to five product attributes that you would like linked to your instance of B2B Analytics. If you are not sure which attributes would be best, you may also leave these fields blank to be added later. Once your B2B Analytics instance has been provisioned, you can add or change your customer and product groups by reaching out to your CSM. When selecting the customer and product attributes to link to your Analytics instance, consider which attributes your company typically uses when analyzing its customer list and product list. When selecting an attribute, keep the following in mind:
- Each customer or product must have a one-to-one relationship with the attribute field. For example, a customer can only be assigned to one region.
- The attribute information for each customer or product must be available in the Admin Console of your Optimizely ecommerce site. The attribute may be a custom field, but the data must be visible on the Product Detail or Customer Detail page.
- Examples of common Customer Group attributes are Customer Region, Customer Vertical, Customer size, Primary Customer Warehouse
- Examples of common Product Group attributes are Product Category L1, Product Category L2, Product Type, Product Brand
If the attribute you would like to use has not yet been pulled into the Admin Console of your Optimizely ecommerce site, please work with your implementation partner to have that data linked. Once you have selected the five customer and five product groups for your B2B Analytics instance, please include this information in your email to email@example.com.
These details should be emailed to the Optimizely team at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your Customer Success Manager and/or Onboarding Manager in cc.
Provisioning process details
B2B Analytics can only be provisioned against your Production environment. As such, provisioning does not occur until there are at least 10 orders in the Production Order Table and one month of offline order history pulled into the Admin Console. Once that threshold is met, the Optimizely engineering team will build an instance of B2B Analytics for your account, link the necessary data tables to the backend of the product, and begin the QA process.
To ensure that the data is being presented in B2B Analytics as expected, the Optimizely team will share via email an export of the raw data file that we have pulled into the B2B Analytics product for client or partner sign-off. Once we receive sign-off, we will be able to provision access to each designated user. Designated users will receive an automated email that will provide them with login instructions for B2B Analytics.