All dashboards of Optimizely Commerce Analytics (B2B) share a set of core features that make investigating and understanding your data easier: customer and product groups and scheduling report delivery by email.
Customer and product groups
Several of the dashboards within B2B Analytics offer the ability to view and/or filter the data by customer and product groups. Customer and product groups are set by each client in their own instance individually. During the set-up process, you will be asked to provide up to five customer attributes and up to five product attributes that will be linked to your B2B Analytics instance to drive the charts and filters that reflect this data.
Where can I see the customer and product groups charts and filters?
The customer and product group charts are visible on the Order Channel, Abandoned Cart, and Online Orders dashboards. To change which customer and product group appears in the charts, change the Top Customer Group Selector and the Top Product Group Selector in the filter menu.
The customer and product group filters are available on all the Orders and Marketing dashboards, except eCommerce Campaigns. Additionally, the customer group filters are available on the Search Events, Self-Service Events, and Mobile App Analytics dashboards.
What attributes should I select?
When selecting the customer and product attributes to link to your B2B Analytics instance, you should think about what attributes your company typically uses when analyzing your customer list and product list. When selecting an attribute, keep the following in mind:
Each customer or product must have a one-to-one relationship with the attribute field. For example, a customer can only be assigned to one region.
The attribute information for each customer or product must be available in the Admin Console of your Optimizely ecommerce site. The attribute may be a custom field, but the data must be visible on the Product Detail or Customer Detail page.
Examples of common customer group attributes are Customer Region, Customer Vertical, Customer size, and Primary Customer Warehouse.
Examples of common product group attributes are Product Category L1, Product Category L2, Product Type, and Product Brand.
If the attribute you would like to use has not yet been pulled into the Admin Console of your Optimizely ecommerce site, please work with your implementation partner to have that data linked.
How can I set my attributes for the customer and product groups?
If your B2B Analytics instance is already live and you would like to add or change existing attributes, please email your CSM with the list of attributes you would like to link to each slot. The CSM will create an engineer ticket, who will be able to complete the work within two business days.
Scheduling report delivery by email
You can schedule dashboards and Looks, or specific subsets of information, to be delivered to you at regular intervals. You can schedule your data to be delivered to various destinations, including email, webhooks, Amazon S3, or an SFTP site.
Create a schedule
- Click the gear menu and choose Schedule. For Looks, you can also click the Create Schedules link in the side panel. You will see all schedules with the title of the schedule you are creating or editing highlighted.
- Click New+ to create a new schedule. If this is the first schedule you are creating for this content, the main panel displays scheduling options set to their default values. If you have previously created one or more schedules for this content, the main panel displays its saved scheduling settings.
- Name the schedule in the Give your schedule a name field. The title appears in the left panel after you save this schedule.
- Select a way to send this data. Each destination offers different data formatting and other delivery options:
- Amazon S3 bucket
- SFTP server
- Applications using a webhook
- Integrated services
- Add any specific details after selecting a data destination, such as an email address or webhook URL.
- Choose a data format - these will vary depending on which destination you selected and on whether you are scheduling delivery of a Look or a dashboard.
- Select how to trigger deliveries:
- Repeating interval – Use the delivery schedule you set in the step below.
- Datagroup update – Not applicable at this time.
- Customize the timing of your schedule in the Deliver this schedule section. The timing options change depending on whether you choose Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Hourly, or By minute. You can adjust the time zone for the schedule in Advanced Options.
- Filter the results delivered to each set of recipients, if you are delivering a dashboard or Look with filters. For example, you might send regional teams the data that is filtered for their states of interest. Click Filters to see and modify the filters associated with this Look or dashboard for your data delivery. Changing these filter options in the Send or Schedule window does not change the filters in your Look or dashboard.
- Expand the Advanced options menu to see additional customization for your schedule. Not all advanced options for scheduling Looks and dashboards are available for each destination. See each destination's documentation page for the options available for that destination.
- Click Send Test to send a one-time test delivery to the specified destination.
- Click Save All when finished.
As you go through folders, the listing for each Look and dashboard indicates if you have scheduled that content.
Create additional schedules
If you want to create another schedule for the same content, click New+, change the new schedule's default name if necessary, and specify its scheduling options. Your schedules are listed by title in the left panel of the schedule dialog box.
Each saved Look or dashboard can have multiple schedules, and each user of that data has their own set of schedules. If a user edits or deletes one of their schedules, only their recipients will be impacted; other users might have additional schedules related to that data.
Scheduled data deliveries run according to the schedule creator's User Specific Time Zone.