Attributes are broad properties such as color, fabric, or wattage. These properties are assigned to a category, and attribute values (like red, cotton, or 60W) are assigned to products within that category. To create an Attribute, follow the steps below:
- Go to Admin Console > Catalog > Attribute Types.
- Select the Add Attribute Type.
- Enter the Name and Label for the Attribute.
- Ensure the Active toggle displays Yes.
- Set the Searchable toggle to Yes. If Yes, search results will be returned for matches on attribute values for this attribute type. If No, the attribute values will not be included in the search index, so they will not be searchable on the storefront. There will also not be search matches for products with attribute values that belong to this attribute type. Default value: Yes.
- Set the Filterable toggle to Yes to allow users to filter Product List Pages by the attribute. The Filterable toggle depends on setting Searchable to Yes. If Searchable is set to No, then the Filterable toggle will be hidden.
- Set the Comparable toggle to Yes to display the attribute when comparing two products.
- Set the Include On Product toggle to Yes to display the attribute on the Product List Page and Product Detail Page. If No, the value of this field will not be considered an attribute for the product but will typically be used for filtering only. This can be useful for ranges of values for filtering. Default value: Yes.
- Select Save or Save and Add.