After you create Attribute Types and Attribute Values and assign them to their respective Categories and/or Products, configure the appropriate Settings to reveal Attribute Values on the website, or to use Attribute Values as filters in website search results.
To enable Attribute Values to appear on the website, or to enable search filtering by Attribute Values, configure the following Settings:
- Attribute Filters: If Setting Attribute Filters = ON, Attribute Values appear on the left side of the product list pages, sorted by their Attribute Type. An Attribute Value or Attribute Type only appears on the product list page if the Attribute Type toggle for Filterable is set to Yes and there is a corresponding product in that category.
- Show Attributes On Search: If Setting Show Attributes On Search = YES, Attribute Values appear on the left side of search results pages, allowing users to filter results by Attribute Value. An Attribute Value or Attribute Type only appears on the search results page if the Attribute Type toggle for Searchable is set to Yes and if there is a corresponding product in the search results.
- Hide Facets Until Category Selected: If Setting Attribute Filters = ON, Hide Category Until Category Selected will appear. If set to Yes, filters for attribute facets will only appear in search results when the user selects a category, the Attribute Type toggle for Filterable is set to Yes and there is a corresponding product in that category. Use this to reduce the amount of facets customers see during the search process to the most relevant facets.
Rebuild the product search index
Rebuild the Product Search Index to update the Attribute Values on the website.
If any changes are made to Attributes or Attribute Values and their assignments, or to the Settings listed above, these steps must be repeated.
- Go to Admin Console > Marketing > Indexing
- Rebuild the Product Search Index using Full Rebuild.
- When the message Task Has Been Submitted appears, click OK. It is not necessary to stay on the page while the rebuild takes place, as it continues to run behind the scenes.