One way to create customers is to export the existing customer list. Even if the current list is empty, export it, then populate the list with the new customers and re-import it back into the Admin Console. Exporting a blank or populated customer list ensures you are working with the correct headings and data columns.
- Go to Admin Console > Customers.
- Click Export in the Primary List Header.
- Open the exported Excel file and populate the necessary information:
- Customer Number
- Customer Ship To Number
- Company Name
- First Name
- Last Name
- Save the Excel file.
- Click Import on the Secondary Header.
- Select the file and make your selections in the Import Options section.
- Validate file before importing forces the integration service to check the data for errors before importing. If there are any errors, the entire import fails.
- Turn Ignore blank cells to NO to allow the imported records to remove existing data. This option is used when an import should update existing records. For example, remove the data in the Deactivate On column, then upload the promotion records. The import recognizes the blank cells, and removes the existing Deactivate On dates from the system.
- Select Update existing records to push changes from the import file to preexisting records, like a promotion rank change.
- Finally, Ignore modified date allows the import data to override that section's existing data.
- Click Import. The import job is submitted to the job queue and customers are added upon success of the integration job.