Data such as reports, marketing lists, or comparable filters in recipient lists, contained in CRM , should be individually copied into Optimizely Campaign, for example with a daily transfer.
To manage campaigns in Optimizely Campaign, copy the recipient data from your CRM into the regular recipient lists. Depending on requirements and the CRM data structure, you can define fixed export formats. CRM users can filter contacts, leads and/or accounts through reports or marketing lists, which are automated and regularly transferred to Optimizely Campaign. Using a CMS database, you can fill recipient lists in clients in Optimizely Campaign, and use the data for Smart Campaigns and other Optimizely Campaign features.
- Relate the selection of recipients to precisely one advertising consent.
- Do not mix advertising consents.
- Specify the desired fields with customer support beforehand.
- Transfer technical fields: opt-in-id, description, media-type, entity-type (contact, lead, account, ...), entity-id (ID of the contact/lead/account from CRM).
Incremental export processes have proved less robust. You should clear the list daily using the clear method from RecipientWebservice, and fully re-fill it using the addAll3 method from RecipientWebservice.
Unsubscriptions and bounces from Optimizely are imported into CRM before the data transfer using two CSV files (bounces and unsubscriptions), requested by Optimizely Campaign via SOAP. This prevents unsubscribed and bounced out subscribers from being re-added to the recipient list during the copy process.
Response data is asynchronously prepared through regular, ongoing jobs (once a day by default). Shorter intervals can also be configured depending on your requirements. The lifetime of the response data is set between 14 and 30 days. The recipient list is recycled after a certain period of time when using the closed-loop interface. Response records are still available, but can no longer be clearly categorized.
If recipient data from synchronized recipient lists is used for campaigns in Optimizely Campaign, then the respective campaign context is unknown in CRM and it does not make sense to make information such as opens or clicks available to CRM in the feedback channel. This data can be made available if the CRM can process it.
In contrast, bounces and unsubscriptions refer to entities such as contact, lead, or account in CRM. This data is made available and needs to be processed by CRM. The applicable bounce status or the advertising consent must be then set to the applicable entities.
If a response data flow is configured, then the response data is exported for a client’s mailings, which you can import into CRM. It does not matter whether an email is sent via the HTTP API, as a campaign email via closed-loop, or as a standalone mailing in Optimizely Campaign. The opens and clicks are ignored for campaign responses that did not have any campaign in the CRM.
- Blocklists use the email address as a primary criterion. If an email address is entered into the blocklist, then no emails are sent to the address. You can manage blocklists using Optimizely Campaign’s front-end.
- All features can be used in parallel in Optimizely Campaign. Note the limitations for the recipient lists.
- Use UTF-8 as data format.
- Use unique file names, including when delivering campaign data.
- If you use the file API, use the header rows to make troubleshooting easier.