Optimizely is now selling their Commerce Mobile App solution as an SDK that allows customers to customize and deploy the code via a certified partner or directly through Apple and Android app stores. Because Optimizely no longer provides the previous implementation method, customers who purchased the Commerce Mobile App prior to April 2023 but have not implemented it should talk with their CSM about their options.
After purchase, Optimizely will work with customers and their partners to access the SDK and configure the Mobile App within the site settings. Certified partners or customers must complete all further implementation. Please see the Configured Commerce Mobile SDK article to learn more about getting started.
You must enable the Optimizely Configured Commerce Mobile SDK in the Admin Console on Configured Commerce before it can be used on a mobile device.
To adjust the setting on the Admin Console, you must have a valid Configured Commerce license that includes the Mobile SDK.
Enable the Mobile SDK on a website
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > System > Settings > Site Configurations.
- In the General section, change the toggle for Enable Mobile App to display YES. The default is NO.
- Click Save.
If multiple websites exist
If you have multiple websites, each website can have its own app. Work with you partner to set up each mobile instance.
Complete the following steps to enable the Mobile SDK for each website:
- Decide which websites can be accessed with a mobile app and go to Admin Console >Administration > System > Settings > Site Configurations.
- If all websites should be made available, select Global Defaults from the Configuring menu.
- If only specific websites should be made accessible, select each website and complete step 2 and 3 for each website.
- Change the toggle for Enable Mobile App to display Yes in the General section. The default is No.
- Click Save.
Adjust catalog and checkout settings
- Go to Admin Console > Administration > System > Settings > Mobile App.
- Click Select Category if you want to designate a Starting Category for Browsing. If you select a category, users on the mobile app first see the child categories of the selected category when browsing categories. If you do not select a category, all parent categories are visible when users are browsing categories.
- Verify you want the Has Checkout setting to be Yes (default). If set to No, the setting hides the cart screen and checkout functionality in the mobile app.
- Change the Override Checkout Navigation setting to Yes if you want to enter a Checkout URL to guide the mobile app user to the browser experience when they tap the checkout button. Custom changes to the checkout process on your Configured Commerce website do not carry over to the mobile app, thus you may want to ensure the user is directed to the ideal process.
- Click Save.
Update the styling and URLs
Upon selecting Save, a new Mobile App menu item displays in the primary navigation.
- Select Mobile App from the main navigation menu.
The Mobile App page displays all websites for which the Mobile App has been enabled.
- Click Edit for each website you wish to configure.
- Enter the hex code within the Details tab for the Primary Color that displays throughout the app.
- Select Save.
View this article to learn how to update the Shop page to show featured products, the banner carousels, and featured categories.