This topic is for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Shopware.
This topic gives you an overview of the Shopware integration with Optimizely Campaign. With the Shopware integration, customers can subscribe and unsubscribe to newsletters directly in your shop. The integration transfers customer data received during registration to Optimizely Campaign so that you can use the information to personalize emails.
You can also automatically send transactional mails like order confirmations and invoices. When registered customers change their data in the shop, customer data is synchronized. The integration also lets you transfer the product catalog to Optimizely Campaign daily and supports the connection of multiple shops.
You get the following features on Shopware Professional, Professional Plus and Enterprise 5.2–5.6:
- Newsletter subscription and unsubscribes
- Transactional mails via HTTP API
- Export product catalogs into Optimizely Campaign
Setting up Shopware integration
To set up the Shopware integration in your client, contact customer support and request the integration software package.
Provide Optimizely with the following information:
- Your Shopware version number.
- The number of desired recipient lists for your newsletter recipients.
The structure and fields of newsletter recipient lists are determined by Shopware and cannot be customized.
- For transactional mails, Optimizely sets up a separate customizable transaction recipient list. Provide Optimizely with the desired structure and the names of these fields.
- For product catalog export to Optimizely Campaign, you need a user account on the Optimizely server. If you do not have a user account, contact customer support. Provide a public key and a key fingerprint to securely transfer the data. See File exchange via SCP.
- If you are running multiple shops (including sub-shops and shops that are localized in other languages), provide Optimizely with the number of shops you want to connect to; see Advanced configuration.
If you are integrating multiple shops, you may need:
- Separate clients for the individual shops.
- A separate client for your transactional mails.
- Setup of a recipient-list-based newsletter subscription.