The Optimizely Digital Experience Platform contains many features to support you in your daily work. Depending on how your solution is set up, some features described in this documentation may not be available to you. Contact your system administrator to find out more. See Optimizely World for technical information.
Optimizely Customized Commerce lets you create and deploy a flexible e-commerce website, combining powerful content management and display with advanced back-end web shop management.
See Getting started to log in, access features and work with the Optimizely user interface.
Catalogs and products
Manage catalogs, product categories and products. Catalogs are independent from each another. See Catalog features.
- Structure and organize catalogs into categories, products, SKUs, bundles, and packages.
- Add new products and change a catalog's structure.
- If you add or modify a product in one location, all e-commerce websites and channels are automatically updated.
- Run multiple catalogs in parallel on the same platform.
- Associate and recommend related products to increase up-sell and cross-sell opportunities.
Use the Orders subsystem to monitor, track, change or create new orders, ship out items, ship to multiple addresses, and create returns or exchanges.
- Create purchase orders with split payments, split shipment, split shipping addresses, and other options.
- Create recurring payments and process them automatically.
- Create a one-page checkout or let customers make a purchase without registering on your site.
- Optimizely Customized Commerce supports multiple payment types, currencies, and shipping options—including tax and shipping calculations that automatically show your customers their costs, including duty and taxes—so you can expand your business into new markets.
Optimizely Customized Commerce automates your merchandising, so you can bring more targeted visitors to your website and turn them into customers.
- Get detailed information about your visitors and their buying patterns. Monitor your e-commerce website to see how much a customer has spent over time and how often they return to your site.
- Learn what visitors are looking for and which products are most popular.
- Create targeted content through personalization. Optimizely Customized Commerce lets you define personalization criteria such as the number of orders and amount spent within a defined period, along with customer buying intention for a product type or category.
- Create product landing pages by uploading content and dropping it into place. Shared blocks automatically update content throughout your site.
Store customer records and track orders placed across multiple websites. See Customer management.
- Access shopping carts and wish lists to see what your customers want.
- Manage internal users, customers, partners and organizations through the same interface. Generally, only your team of internal users have access to the administrative parts, and have varying access to the subsystems and menu items within each system.
Pricing and promotions
You have control over promotions, from developing custom discounts to deciding when the campaign should go live.
- Manage promotions from the Marketing subsystem.
- Choose a preset promotion or create a custom campaign, managed without the need of web development.
- Create your own promotions or use built-in ones such as Buy N of product X and get a discount or Buy N of product X and get one free.
- Create a promotion that is visible prior to checkout or configure a promotion that displays during checkout.
- Apply a shipping cost discount.
- Develop custom campaigns and pricing based on sales seasons or regions. Optimizely Customized Commerce automatically shows customers targeted promotions based on their industry, interests, demographics, or other data. The built-in pricing and information rules include volume pricing, tiered pricing, and pricing for specific customer groups.
Multi-site and language features
Create and deploy two or more localized e-commerce websites on a single Optimizely Customized Commerce platform.
- Control your product catalogs, customer data and local market data in a unified web interface.
- Manage your content, products and regional settings for multiple markets with globalization support.
- Service international customers with multiple language, payment, shipping, tax and currency options. For example, you can create custom promotions for specific markets to further drive sales, or enable regional origin or drop shipping to better support international operations.
Create content in one place and share and distribute it to multiple channels, such as mobile, social, email, and on the e-commerce website.
- Create targeted campaigns by offering a special promotion code to anyone who likes your Facebook page or scans a QR code in a mobile campaign.
- Add new channels for future use.
Optimizely Customized Commerce gives you total control over who can access your e-commerce website back-end so that only authorized users can modify your website or view customer data.
- Configure access rights for users, user groups and functions. Optimizely Customized Commerce has roles for managing store procedures and website content and files.
- Create access based on personalization and visitor groups using virtual roles.
- Set up your own roles.
Marketers and merchandisers work from the editorial interface to create and update content.
- Create a campaign or a landing page and edit product content in the product catalog.
- Create news or an article with content related to the products in your web shop.
- Drag and drop content blocks or pages into the content area of another web page to create dynamic websites putting important content in focus.
Administration and configuration
You can manage e-commerce administrative and configuration tasks.
- Set up shipping and payment gateways, default language, currency, units, tax configuration, and search.
- Manage common website administrative tasks such as setting access rights for web pages in the page tree and block folder structure, management of scheduled jobs, and language settings.
Optimizely Customized Commerce Cloud documentation videos
Optimizely Customized Commerce 13 documentation
See the file below for documentation on functionality specific to Customized Commerce 13. Also see the obsolete functionality table for information on features that are no longer available, are replaced by new functionality, or have been removed from Customized Commerce 13.