The Optimizely Digital Experience Platform contains many features to support you in your daily work. Depending on how your solution is set up, some features described in this documentation may not be available to you. Contact your system administrator to find out more. See Optimizely World for technical information.
The Marketo® connector add-on automatically exports form data from your website to your Marketo account database by mapping Optimizely form fields to Marketo database fields. For information about other database connector add-ons, see Marketing Automation.
A developer must install the Forms Marketing Automation connector and the Marketo connector. See Optimizely World for more information.
- In the Optimizely CMS admin view, select Config > Tool Settings > Marketo. The Marketo configuration settings screen appears.
You can have multiple instances of the same connector example, if you have marketing teams in separate regions, you can have more than one Marketo connector, such as Marketo - Europe, Marketo - US, and Marketo - APAC.
- Enter the Connector Name, Endpoint URL, Client ID, and Client secret associated with your Marketo account.
- Optional: Specify a list of Workspaces that filter lists fetched from Marketo and displayed in the Data sources drop-down list on the form Mappings tab. If no value is specified, all the lists are fetched.
- For Multiple submissions in same session, select either Create new entity or Update previously created entity.
- Click Save.
- Create a form on a page.
- Click All Properties on the form.
- Open the Mappings tab.
- Select the database to which you map the form fields from the MA System Database drop-down field. (Each database in the list can have a different set of fields.)
- Click Publish.
- On the form, select Edit from a form field's context menu.
- Open the Extra field mappings tab. The database option that you selected earlier appears.
- Enable the database option and open the associated drop-down list to see the fields it has available. For example, if your form has a Text field that was configured to capture an email address:
- Edit the email text field.
- Select the Extra field mappings tab.
- Select Lead from the drop-down list to map the Marketo database field to the Email field on the form.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 for as many fields that you want to map.
- Click Publish.
To test the mapping, go to your form on a published page, fill in and submit the form, then go to your DXH connector provider to verify that the user is added to the appropriate database (Marketo Leads).
Associating a lead to a campaign
To associate a lead to a campaign:
- Add a Hidden Predefined value field to your form and use the campaign ID as the Predefined value.
- Map the value to the Marketo-Campaign_Id on the Extra field mappings tab.
Retrieving contact data
When a visitor submits the form, the data is sent to the Marketo database. To see who submitted the form, go to Marketo > Lead Database > All Leads and select the contact list.
Personalizing the form using a block
You can personalize and target messages based on profile information collected through the Marketo integration. You can apply personalization to forms and blocks. Mailings are managed within Marketo.
Video tutorial: Personalizing content with Optimizely and Marketo. (2:56 minutes) See also Personalizing with visitor groups.
You can personalize a form to show only to a selected group of people. For more information about creating a visitor group and displaying information based on a visitor group, see Managing visitor groups.
- From the context menu on the form on the page, select Personalize. The Large content area dialog box appears.
- Click Everyone and select a visitor group from the list. The following image shows personalizing the form to show only for people in the VIP visitor group.
To create a visitor group for a Marketo form, see Create a visitor group for an MAI connector form.