Use customer profiles to understand changes to your customer base, from the size of your reachable audience to identifying information on an individual level.
You can access customer profiles by going to Customers > Profiles. The tool has three main components: the customer profiles over time chart, the customer profiles table and individual customer profiles.
Customer profiles over time
This page contains a configurable chart, providing insight into your total, reachable and unreachable customers as well as your current and trended monthly active users.
- Filter the chart by date.
- Export the chart data in a CSV format.
- Review the account's total customer count, updated nightly. This figure represents the total number of individual customer profiles in your account.
- Review the account's reachable customer count, updated nightly. This figure represents all customers with any messaging identifiers that have a deliverable identifier (for example, have not previously hard bounced, identifier is not malformed/invalid and so on) and have not explicitly opted out of marketing. Customers with messaging identifiers with the following attributes may or may not be reachable, depending on your account's app consent settings.
- Customers who are CCPA opted-out (regardless of which identifier completed the opt-out) may or may not be reachable on a channel, depending on your settings.
- Messaging identifiers with an unknown/null marketing consent value (also called "implicit consent"), may or may not be reachable on a channel, depending on your settings.
- Review the account's monthly active users (MAU), which represent all identified customers and anonymous visitors with activity this month to date. MAUs are calculated through Midnight UTC each day. The number always reflects the current month to date across all channels. MAUs are based on active events, such as a customer's specific, personal interaction with your brand. The following standard Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) Lite events are not considered active, as there are other common ways that these events may occur, primarily due to syncing data between systems, or because they are not customer-initiated:
- Marketing consent events
- Marketing reachability events
- Compliance (GDPR/CCPA) events
- Customer discovery events
- Toggle between the account's customer trends and MAU trends.
Customer profiles table
The page also contains a searchable table for locating and reviewing the profiles of specific customers.
- Search the table for specific customer profiles using identifiable information like name, ID or phone number.
- Adjust the number of records shown in the table per page.
- Export the customers included in the table, along with any applicable customer attributes or observations, using the CSV or JSON formats.
- The table remains blank by default unless you select the option to Show All available profiles.
Individual customer profiles
Click a customer's name or ID to access their customer profile and review the customer's activities and details.
Customer profile banner
The banner of the profile displays the customer's name or ID, when they were first identified in ODP Lite, their email address, their home address (if available), and a link to view their reachability status.
A number listed next to the customer's email indicates that user resolution was used to associate multiple email addresses with the profile. The email displayed is the one related to the most recent event.
The Event History tab displays the customer's interactions with your brand.
The customer's activities are displayed on a visual timeline. Select events from the timeline to jump directly to them. You can filter the customer's timeline and activity feed by enabling and disabling the available filters (Campaign, Subscription, E-Commerce, App and Other).
When a single event is captured during a session, it is elaborated on inline. Icons represent events captured. Expand the line item to learn more about each event.
The Customer Details tab displays the customer's attributes determined by the standard, custom and third-party fields in your account.
You can search or filter the displayed fields at the top right. Show common fields is the default view. A common field is something the majority of customers have. Show only known fields displays fields with known values. Show all fields displays all fields.
The Identifiers tab displays all of the customer's identifiers and their relevant statuses.
Use the Filter option to select identifiers of interest, which will persist across sessions on the same browser.
For messaging identifiers, like phone or email, you can adjust consent status (the customer's willingness to receive marketing messages).
One of the following three statuses displays for an identifier, and is automatically adjusted based on events ingested into ODP Lite:
- Last Seen – This is the most-recently seen identifier of its type. For messaging identifiers (with the exception of push tokens), this is the only identifier eligible to receive a message.
- CCPA Opt-out – If an identifier has opted out under CCPA, it is denoted underneath the identifier. CCPA Opt-out impacts the entire customer; if any identifier is opted out, the customer cannot receive marketing messages.
- Deliverable/Undeliverable – If a messaging identifier is not deliverable, we cannot deliver a message to that identifier, represented by red text below the identifier. A bounced message or a malformed ID are the most common reasons why an identifier is undeliverable.
Marketing consent may show as Unknown Consent, which means that neither an explicit opt-in nor an explicit opt-out has been received. If this is the last seen identifier of its type, this identifier may receive marketing messages, depending on your settings.