When attempting to add more than 255 characters to the library file extensions field, the system throws the following error: The file type has not been added. Please see administrator.
If you need to add more file extensions to the library, please use the following steps.
- Make a backup copy of workarea\library.aspx
- Edit the workarea\library.aspx file
- Look for the following line
maxlength="255" value="" runat="server"/>
- Change the maxlength property from 255 to 1024
maxlength="1024" value="" runat="server"/>
- Save the file and you should now be able to add in more library extensions.
Please see the following
for other issues related to adding library file types.