You can create custom fields to capture data that is not already provided in Optimizely Data Platform's (ODP's) reserved list for each object. However, the new fields only capture data after you create them. For example, if you want data from a custom field for a week, you need to create it beforehand to get that data.
When uploading data for custom fields, use the tag name. If you are not sure what the tag name is, go to Account Settings > Data Management > Objects & Fields.
To create a new custom field, go to Account Settings > Objects & Fields > Create New Field.
Complete the following:
- Object Containing New Field – The object on which you want the field.
- Field Display Name – How you will see it in segmentation & analytics in the app.
- Field Name – How you will reference it in APIs and liquid for content.
- Field Type – Data type of the field (this is validated in APIs).
- Field Description – (Optional) Reference information/context you want to provide for others.
After you create a custom field, it is available in APIs and throughout the ODP application.