You can create custom fields to capture data that is not already provided in our reserved list for each object. However, the new fields only capture data once they have been created. For example, if you wanted data from a custom field for a week, you would need to create it beforehand to get that data.
When uploading data for custom fields, please use the tag name. If you are not sure what the tag name is, go to Account Settings > Data Management > Objects & Fields.
You can check your current Objects & Fields here.
Create a new custom field
To create a new custom field, go to Account Settings > Objects & Fields > Create New Field.
Complete the following:
- Object - The object on which you want the field
- Display Name - How you will see it in segmentation & analytics in the app
- Field Name - How you will reference it in APIs and liquid for content
- Field Type - Data type of the field (this is validated against in APIs)
- Field Description - Reference information/context you want to provide for others
This field will now be available in APIs and throughout the application.