Optimizely Configured Commerce allows for the creation of order workflows and approval processes to manage your buyers. This feature allows you to set users as Order Approvers to review and verify an order. Once an Approver sees an order, they can release it and submit the order as the ultimate buyer.
Configured Commerce uses the roles of Buyer 1, Buyer 2, and Buyer 3 to control who can submit orders, which orders require approval, and under what circumstances. The list below defines the these roles:
- Users with the Buyer 1 role require approval for all orders, including those under budget.
- Users with the Buyer 2 role require approval for orders over budget.
- Users with the Buyer 3 role do not require approval for any orders, but their purchases can be tracked.
To use the Order Approval Workflow functionality on your Configured Commerce website, the following must be configured correctly:
- Set a user with an Administrator or Buyer 3 role as an Approver to a user with a role that requires an order to be approved.
- Have a user that requires order approval (Buyer1 or Buyer2) and assign a role that forces a user into the Order Approval workflow, such as Buyer1.
The Buyer 2 role is only used if the Budget Enforcement Level is set to anything other than None and the Budget Management website setting is ON. Orders require approval only when the Order Total is over budget.
On the Review and Pay page, users that require approval see a Submit for Approval button instead of Checkout. Approvers see any orders awaiting approval when they sign in and go to My Account > Order Approval. Buyer 1 and Buyer 2 roles also receive an email notification when an order needs approval.