This topic is for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Magento 2.
This topic describes how to configure the catalog export, when using Magento 2 as e-commerce platform with Optimizely Campaign. You can for example transfer promotional texts and product images, and use this data in your newsletters. See Content interface paragraph.
The Magento 2 integration exports your catalog into a CSV file, and automatically transfers the catalog to the Optimizely server via a secure SFTP connection at specific time intervals.
You need an SSH key pair and an SFTP user account to set up a secure connection.
Creating an SSH key pair
Follow these instructions to create a key pair:
Requesting an SFTP user account
When you have created the key pair, do the following to request a user account:
- Contact customer support. Providing the name of the CSV file with your product catalog.
- Email your public key (the file with the .pub extension) to customer support.
- Send your key fingerprint in a separate email to customer support.
For security reasons, always send your public key and key fingerprint in two separate emails.
When your account is configured, you receive your user account information by email.
Activating the catalog export in Magento 2
In the following steps, you activate the catalog export and save your private SSH key.
- Log in to Magento 2 with administrator rights.
- Go to Stores > Configuration in the menu bar on the left.
- In the left pane, select Episerver > Episerver Campaign.
- In the FTP API (Product data export) area, in the Use Episerver Campaign product data export drop-down list, select Yes.
- In the Username box, enter the user name of your SFTP user account.
- If you want to protect your SSH key with a password, select Yes in the Private key is encrypted drop-down list, and add a password in the Password box.
- In the Private key box, enter your private key.
- Under Time for daily export (hh:mm:ss), select the time your product catalog should be exported.
- Save your changes.
Coded values (Client ID, Private key) must be entered anew with each saving process. Otherwise the coded value is coded anew.
The product catalog export fails if the Cron Jobs functionality is incorrectly configured in Magento 2. This functionality is part of the standard installation. See the Magento 2 documentation for details.