This topic is for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Magento 2.
If you are using Magento 2 as e-commerce platform you can integrate this with Optimizely Campaign to take advantage of your e-commerce and customer communication marketing activities.
With the Magento 2 integration, customers can subscribe/unsubscribe to newsletters directly in your shop. The integration transfers customer data received during registration to Optimizely Campaign so that you can use the information to personalize emails. You can also automatically send transactional mails like order confirmations and invoices. When registered customers change their data in the shop, customer data is synchronized. The integration also lets you transfer the product catalog to Optimizely Campaign daily.
The Magento 2 integration supports multiple clients, and the connection of several shops to Optimizely Campaign.
Feature range and supported versions
The Magento 2 integration provides the following features for Magento 2.0, 2.1, 2.2 and 2.3 (Community Edition).
- Newsletter subscription and unsubscription
- Transactional mails via HTTP API and SMTP API
- Export product catalog into Optimizely Campaign
Setting up in Optimizely Campaign
To set up the Magento 2 integration, contact customer support to get the integration software package.
Provide Optimizely with the following information:
- The version number of your Magento 2 system.
- The recipient list structure for your newsletter recipients. Let Optimizely know if you want to add additional fields.
The Magento 2 integration offers two ways to send transactional mails via Optimizely Campaign:
- Via the HTTP API. When you want to use the Optimizely Campaign templates for your transactional mails. Optimizely requires the transaction recipient list for your transactional mails. Optimizely provides a default template for the transaction recipient list structure that is suitable for many applications/scenarios. Optimizely can discuss with you whether the standard template meets your requirements. See Transactional mails via HTTP API.
- Via the SMTP API. When you want to use the Magento 2 templates for your transactional mails and Optimizely Campaign only for sending. If you want to use the SMTP API, provide the IP address of your web shop for configuration purposes. See Transactional mails via SMTP API.
- For product catalog export to Optimizely Campaign, you need a user account on the Optimizely server. If you do not have a user account, contact customer support. Provide a public key and a key fingerprint to securely transfer the data. See File exchange via SCP.
- If you are running multiple shops (including sub-shops and shops that are localized in other languages), let Optimizely know the number of shops you want to connect to; see Advanced configuration.
- If you are integrating multiple shops, you may need:
- Separate clients for the individual web shops.
- A separate client for your transactional mails.
- Setup of a recipient-list-based newsletter subscription.