When you initially import recipients into Optimizely Campaign, or if you frequently import recipients from a local list, you should also import a blocklist. This function lets you import a CSV file with blocked recipients or wildcard blocklist entries into your client. A blocklist entry can be a complete email address or contain placeholders. See also: Wildcards.
To import a blocklist, perform the following steps:
Prerequisite: A CSV file that contains blocklist entries.
- Open the Optimizely Campaign menu and select Blocklist > Import.
- Click Browse... and select a CSV file from your computer that contains the blocklist entries.
- Click Import Options. The Preview area shows entries encountered in the CSV file. The Rule column must contain the respective email addresses or wildcards to be bocked. Only this first column is imported.
- If the columns are not displayed correctly, select an encoding type from the File Charset list by changing the separator and escape characters.
- If the first line of the CSV file contains a table head with column designations, select Yes in the Skip First Row drop-down list.
- Click Refresh Preview to check your settings.
- Click Reason. Optionally, you can enter a reason for blocklisting the imported entries. The reason you enter here applies to all imported entries.
- Click Finished.
You can also import and export blocklist entries automatically on a regular basis, for example to synchronize them with an external distribution list. For more information, see Scheduled jobs.