Use the News Page page type to add press releases, new product information, or other company news to the website. To create a news article, the user must have a content editor role, content approver role, or content administrator role assigned. An ISC_Admin cannot create content by default.
Add the news list page
- Hover over the blue triangle in the upper left corner of the website and select Show CMS.
- Click Content Tree in the upper left corner.
- Click Edit.
- Click the chevron to the right of the Home menu item, then select Add Page.Note: If a tertiary subpage menu is desired, create the new page from the appropriate secondary page.
- Under Item Type, select News List. Fill-in the page property fields and click Save.
- Select the Add Content button at the top of the page.
- Select the News List View item type.
- Click Next.
- Add a CSS Class, if applicable, then click Save .
- Publish the page with the widget. Any news pages created and published under this news list will automatically appear with Read More links on this page.
- Edit the summary displayed in the News List View widget by clicking the Edit icon in the upper left corner of the CMS.
Create news articles
- Click the chevron to the right of the Home menu item, then select Add Page.
Note: If a tertiary subpage menu is desired, create the new page from the appropriate secondary page.
- Under Item Type, select News Page.
- Select a Template, then click Next.
- Populate the Name, Title, and URL fields. The Name field is limited to 50 characters.
- Enter additional SEO information as appropriate, including Meta Description and Meta Keywords, and Open Graph tags.
- Add the content Author and Publish Date, then add the news information in the News Contents field.
- Select from the Hide Header, Hide Footer, Hide from Search Engines, Hide From Site Search, Exclude from Navigation, or Exclude from Sign In Required options at the bottom of the screen.
- Click Save.
If you do not see the Author and Publish Date fields at first, click Publish on the page, then edit the page properties and scroll down to view and edit these fields. You can add multiple authors to the author field, separated by commas. There is no way to manage a list of authors to select from in this field out-of-the-box, so you would need a customization, for example create a System List called "Blog Authors" in the Admin Console, then call this list through an extension in the Author field of a News Page in the CMS.
Add the news page view widget
Next, add the News Page View widget to view News article page.
- Click Add Content.
- Select the News Page View item type.
- Click Next.
- Add a CSS Class, if applicable, then click Save.
- Publish the page with the widget.
- Edit the information displayed in the News Page View widget by clicking the Edit icon in the upper left corner of the CMS.