B2B Commerce defaults to hiding certain PunchOut features to maintain a streamlined shopping experience that prevents customers from leaving the commerce site. This helps with returning the commerce cart to the purchasing system.
By default, the following functional features are hidden from the user when they access the website through PunchOut:
- Customer Selection - The ability to select or change the customer bill to and ship to, upon "punching out" into the website is not available. Although the intended behavior is to not include the ability to select the customer, circumstances can result in the customer selection being presented.
- My Account menu - Including Order History, Invoice History, Account Administration, Wish Lists, Saved Orders
- Check Out/Order Workflows - Users do not go through the typical checkout process. Instead, PunchOut sends cart information back to the procurement system for processing.
The following features are not technically hidden, but rather are a change in check out/order workflow behavior:
- Submit for Approval - B2B approval workflows are not used. PunchOut is often implemented to allow the customer approval workflows in their procurement system to be used for site orders.
- Payment - All orders submitted via PunchOut are assumed to be terms based (that is not credit card).
- CMS - If Personas were created by Role, they should be tested against the ISC_PunchOut Role to ensure the display is per client requirements.
- CMS - If Customer Segments were created by Role, they should be tested against the PunchOut Role to ensure the display is per client requirements.
If the customer or client wishes to allow access to any of these features, custom development will be necessary.