You can create new organizations in Optimizely Customized Commerce and categorize them into different types, such as regional branches and departments, or business categories, such as Computer and Electronics or Clothing and Accessories.
You can assign an organization to a customer group and apply specific pricing and personalization.
You can structure an organization as a tree, with sub-units and different permissions assigned to each branch. For example, you can set your company as a parent-level organization with departments as organization units, such as Sales & Marketing, IT/Development, and Operations. You can then restrict user access to appropriate functionality in Customized Commerce.
You can create an organization hierarchy by assigning a parent organization to a child organization and then another organization to the child. You can then set permissions for users to determine which organizations they can view.
Create and edit organizations
- Go to Customers > Organizations.
- Click Create to add a new organization, or click Edit under More Options to modify one.
- Enter the following information:
- Name – Enter the organization name. (This is the only required field.)
- Description – Enter details about the organization.
- Type – Assign a type to the organization. If the organization is a parent organization, click Organization. If the organization is a sub-organization, click Organization Unit. To add more types to the list, click the More Options icon.
- Organization Customer Group – Select a customer group to assign for the organization, which lets you apply pricing, discounts, and personalization of content to this group.
- Business Category – Assign a category to the organization, or add more categories.
- Select Parent Organization – You can assign a parent organization. If the organization you are creating is a unit (child) of a larger organization, select the parent in the list.
- Click Save.
- Add contacts for the organization on the Contacts tab. Click Save when done.
- Click Add to create a hierarchy on the Organizations tab if desired. Click Save when done.
- Enter address information for the organization on the Addresses tab if needed. Click Save when done.
Delete an organization
You can delete organizations with children without deleting the child organizations and contacts. The contacts and child organizations become orphans, and you can reassign them to a parent later.
- Go to Organizations > More Options > Delete for the organization you want to delete.
- Choose whether to Delete Organizations Only or Delete Organizations, Child Organizations and Contacts.
- Click Delete.