Customized Commerce automatically creates a contact when a visitor registers on the storefront. Customers can log in and view personalized information with the account. You can also manually create contacts.
Currently you cannot manually create an account and associate it with a contact in Customers. This functionality will be available in a future version.
You can use customer groups and organizations to structure contacts for various purposes. For example, you can assign a customer group to an organization to determine pricing eligibility. An organization contact is a member of that organization's customer group, even if you assign the contact individually to a different customer group.
Create and edit contacts
- Go to Customers > Contacts.
- Click Create to add a new contact, or select More Options > Edit to modify one.
- Enter the following information:
- Full Name (Required)
- Middle Name
- First Name (Required)
- Last Name (Required)
- Email (Required)
- Registration Source – Enter the registration source, such as Manually Added. When a visitor registers on the website, Customized Commerce automatically fills this field.
- Parent Organization – Assign the contact to a parent organization.
- Preferred Language – Select the contact's language.
- Preferred Currency – Select the contact's currency. For example, if the contact is in France, select Euro.
- Customer Group – Assign the contact to a customer group.
- Click Create.
The Preferred Shipping Address or Preferred Billing Address populate once the customer places an order. You can edit this information or add more addresses by going to Customers > Contacts and selecting the contact name you want to edit.
Delete a contact
- Select one or more contacts to delete.
- Select More Options > Delete, or Delete Selected to delete multiple contacts.