This topic is for administrators and developers with administration access rights in SAP-CRM.
The SAP CRM integration uses the CSV format for file exchange. Contacts in SAP CRM are exported as CSV files and transferred to Optimizely via SFTP. Bounces and unsubscribes registered by Optimizely Campaign are also exported to a CSV file and stored on the Optimizely server in your personal directory. From there, you transfer the file via SFTP to your server and import it into SAP CRM.
The following provides an overview of the contact data export and response data import procedures.
Exporting contacts from SAP to Optimizely Campaign
- Configure a segment model that filters the contacts to export and creates a corresponding target group.
- Create a new campaign for data exchange and assign the target group to this campaign.
- Start the campaign. The campaign exports your recipients and stores them in a CSV file on your server.
- Transfer the CSV file from your server to Optimizely Campaign via SFTP, either manually or by setting up a script.
Importing response data from Optimizely Campaign to SAP
- Optimizely customer support sets up a job which exports the CSV file with information about bounces and unsubscribes, and saves this in your directory on the Optimizely server at automated time intervals.
- Download the CSV export file via SFTP from the Optimizely server, manually or using a script, and save the file on your server.
- Configure the Response Processor (a program included in the integration), and specify the system directory (Input Path) to be used by the Response Processor to import the CSV file.
- The Response Processor processes the CSV file and imports the data to SAP CRM.