About lead synchronization
This topic describes the lead synchronization that lets you import leads generated on social networks or other external sources into Optimizely Campaign recipient lists.
Currently, lead synchronization is only available for Facebook Lead Ads.
Managing synchronization tasks
In the menu bar, select Administration > Lead synchronization. You can manage synchronization tasks as follows:
- Create. To create a new synchronization task, click Create…. (See Creating synchronization tasks below).
- Edit. Select an inactive synchronization task and click Edit…. Edit the synchronization task as described under Creating synchronization tasks.
- Delete. Select an inactive synchronization task and click Delete.
- Start. Select an inactive synchronization task and click Start.
- Pause. Select an active synchronization task and click Pause.
- Log. Select a synchronization task and click Log. The Log Messages window opens. In the overview, you can find information such as opt-in notifications and error messages for the selected synchronization task.
Creating synchronization tasks
- Click Create… and select the lead source.
- Log in to your account of the external service.
- Configure the synchronization task:
- Name. Enter a name for the synchronization task.
- Source Page. Select the source page from the drop-down list.
- Lead Form. Select the lead form from the drop-down list.
- Recipient List. In the drop-down list, select the recipient list to which you want to import the leads. (You can only select opt-in recipient lists.)
- Update existing recipient data. To update existing recipient data with that of the imported leads, activate the check box.
- Opt-in process. Select a double opt-in process from the drop-down list.
- Click Next.
- In the Row Mapping tab, assign a lead form field to each of the recipient list fields by selecting them from the drop-down lists. If you do not want to import data into certain recipient list fields, select ---.
- Select the Fixed value check box to change the drop-down list to an entry field in which you can enter any text or value (except for the Email field). This value or text is then imported into the corresponding field for each record.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish.
→ Newly created synchronization tasks are directly active and start automatically. For example, as soon as a user clicks on a Facebook Lead Ad and submits their data in the form, the contact data is imported into the selected opt-in recipient list.