Idea Lab lets you create and discover content that resonates with your audience. Idea Lab uses SEO and social share data to give you recommendations and insights, to rank high in search results, answer relevant questions people are asking, and build an audience more likely to convert. See the Metrics glossary for a better understanding of the metrics that can help you make informed decisions.
Click Idea Lab in the left-hand sidebar.
In this section, you will learn how to:
- Explore a topic or domain
- Metrics glossary
- View keyword rank analysis
- Set competitor domains
- View targeted keywords
Explore a topic or domain
To explore a topic, select Topic and the country you want, and enter a topic. To explore a domain, select Domain and enter a domain.
Find keywords with the greatest opportunity
The Recommended For You section contains a list of recommended keywords that is based on the targeted keywords that you have set. (This section is empty if you haven’t set any targeted keywords.)
Set targeted keywords
Click Manage Keywords to set targeted keywords from the Strategy page. (You also can access the Strategy page from your avatar menu.)
On the Strategy page, select your country and add your targeted keywords.
After you add your targeted keywords, the Idea Lab Home page is populated with recommended additional keywords to use that offer the best opportunity for ranking higher in searches and driving traffic. The opportunity ranking for these keywords is calculated from the search volume and CPC data.
Use the recommended keywords
Click a keyword to explore it with a topic search. The option menu (...) has additional options.
- Research Keyword – Expand your knowledge of the selected keyword by conducting a search within Idea Lab.
- Explore Licensed Content – Search for licensed content in the Marketplace to supply your content pipeline.
- Hide This Recommendation – Hide keywords that are not relevant to your research. New recommendations populate for every hidden keyword.
View keyword rank analysis
Set competitor domains in the Keyword Rank Analysis section. (If you haven’t set your competitor domains, then this section is empty.)
To set up competitor domains, go to Strategy page > Competitor Information section.
Enter the name and URL of up to 4 competitor domains. Also ensure that your own domain is set up.
After set up, you can view the Keyword Rank Analysis table for a snapshot of how you rank for certain keywords versus your competitors.
- Add or remove competitors (up to 4 at a time) to narrow or broaden your comparisons.
- Customize Columns lets you view CPC and Opportunity and other information.
- Filter options to change the view of the table to aid your analysis. By default, the table is sorted by highest search volume of the keywords.
View targeted keywords
Your programs' targeted keywords displays key metrics for keywords. Click a keyword to research deeper by searching a topic.
Tip: Similar to Recommended Keywords, you can click options (...) by hovering over a keyword to display relevant licensed content.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.