If sync is automatically restarting after restarting the Ektron Windows Service, see below to prevent that.
- Stop the Ektron Windows Service on the syncing servers and any connected load balanced servers.
- Select the Top 1000 rows from the scheduler table of the sending and receiving databases.
- Look at the scheduledesc tab.
- If any of them still show as running when they should be completed, update them as follows.
SET scheduledesc = 'completed'
WHERE scheduledesc = 'running'
Note: Make a database backup before making changes.
- If you are using load balancing, also execute the steps in this KB.
- Start the Ektron Windows Service and reevaluate.