Paystand is a plug-in that you can configure to process payments when completing an order on your Configured Commerce Cloud website.
This option uses Paystand’s IFrame rather than TokenEx and will not function unless the IFrame setting is updated. To update this setting, you need to submit a Support ticket request to update your Sandbox environment with the Payment Gateway IFrame value set to “Paystand.” Once updated, your Sandbox’s IFrame across all sites will utilize the Paystand IFrame in and TokenEx will no longer be usable. When you wish to go live with this functionality, you need to follow the same process for your production environment.
- Go to Admin Console > System > Settings.
- Search for and select Payment Gateway.
- Ensure that Paystand is populated in the Payment Gateway menu (this should have automatically set when the IFrame was set).
- Populate the following fields with the criteria provided via your Paystand account.
|Client Secret||The Client Secret from Paystand. Default Value: Blank|
|Client Id||The Client ID from Paystand. Default Value: Blank|
|Customer Id||The Customer ID from Paystand. Default Value: Blank|
|Publishable Key||The Publishable Key from Paystand. Default Value: Blank|
|Live||If Yes, Paystand live endpoints will be used for transactions and charges will be processed. Set to 'No' to have transactions use the Paystand sandbox endpoints for testing. Default value: No|
Paystand transaction types
Since the Paystand functionality does not have the concept of authorization or void transactions, Paystand transactions are handled differently than is usual in Configured Commerce:
- All credit card transactions are treated as a sale. The Credit Card Transaction Treated as a Sale setting in the Payment area of Order Management settings will alter the Paystand functionality as follows:
- If set to Yes, Paystand will save the card and capture the transaction as part of the order process in Configured Commerce.
- If set to No, Paystand will only save the card as part of the order process and not submit a transaction. This option should be used if you wish to complete order processing via an ERP or internal system integrated with Configured Commerce.
This will appear as an authorization in Configured Commerce, but since Paystand does not do authorizations, this should be interpreted as being only a saved card. Since this "authorized" transaction is like a save, it requires the user to capture the transaction first before being able to credit.
- Paystand will always save the card, regardless of settings in Configured Commerce.
- Since Paystand does not support void transactions, this option is not available in Configured Commerce.
- For the Paystand IFrame to function properly in Configured Commerce, the country codes in Configured Commerce and the country codes that Paystand uses in the IFrame need to match - if they do not, it will result in an error upon selection.
- Card transactions requiring Admin Console entry are unavailable when using the Paystand gateway.
- Configured Commerce does not currently support storefront saved cards functionality for the Paystand gateway, and any previously saved cards from other IFrames (i.e., TokenEx) will no longer be accessible via the storefront once Paystand is selected.
Configured Commerce does NOT store sensitive credit card or profile information.