The Showpad Standard integration with the Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP) lets you send CMP assets such as images, videos, and other file types to Showpad with associated labels and tags, and keep those assets in Showpad synchronized with the CMP version throughout the full asset lifecycle: create, update, delete.
- Uni-directional integration from CMP to Showpad
- Label or folder based publishing
- Publish assets one at a time or in bulk
- Set permissions for the assets
- Publish assets to specific Showpad libraries
- Upload new version assets from the CMP while retaining their unique Showpad link
- Update assets metadata (title, labels, library, permissions) to have it reflected in Showpad
- Deleted assets in the CMP are removed from Showpad
- Cloud-based Showpad Instance
- A Showpad Service account supporting OAuth 2.0
- Admin access to Showpad
You need the following to configure the Showpad integration.
- Access to your Showpad instance – To roll out and test the integration, the Solution Consultant needs access to your Showpad production instance or a developer instance if available (recommended).
- Create a Showpad service account – Create a service account in Showpad with Administrator access. This is the main account that makes API calls from CMP to your Showpad platform. Actions performed through the integration are tied to the service account user. Create the service account user and use an easily identifiable name, such as CMP Service Account.
- Set up OAuth 2.0 in Showpad – You can do this in Showpad, in the API section under Integration (Admin permissions required). The service account needs to have the following access:
- Register a CMP Application – The application manages the authentication of the CMP service account to make API calls. See Obtain the Client ID and Secret to register your client application for guidelines to configure.
- Configure integration Webhooks – Additionally a publishing webhook needs to be configured for the integration to pick up the updates from the library. Fill out the following information and the webhook needs to subscribe to library-specific events.
You can publish to Showpad by using a specific label or by moving an asset to a specific library folder in CMP.
Publish a folder
To publish a folder, create a dedicated folder in the Library section of your CMP instance. Content added to this folder is pushed to Showpad. Follow the steps below to create the Publishing folder for your Showpad integration
- Go to your library in CMP.
- Click Create Folder.
- Enter a name for your folder and click Create.
- Share the folder name with your solutions consultant
A label can be used to publish CMP assets to Showpad; ie: Label group: "Sync to" and label value: "Showpad". The label needs to be configured in the CMP. The following process shows how to set up a Publishing label.
- Go to your Fields settings page.
- Click Add Field. The Create a New Field view displays.
Fill out the Create a New Field view as follows:
- Select Label for Field Type.
- Select Single-Select (preferred) or Multi-Select.
- Enter an intuitive name in the Field Name so that your publishers and users know what this label is used for.
Tag and label setup
For labels to be sent as tags to Showpad with assets, align the taxonomy between the CMP and Showpad. Showpad tags need to be created as labels in the CMP. Update your CMP taxonomy accordingly.
Appending Label on the CMP Side
Tags Appended on the Showpad side
Showpad lets you add permissions for different asset types (see the example below for a PDF asset). To let you set permissions settings from the CMP, the integration treats them as a set of permissions options that can be identified by a label value. For example, the permission set you see below can be identified as External permissions. From the CMP, when you select the External permissions label for an asset Synced to Showpad, the asset inherits these properties in Showpad.
As an example, your permissions sets may look like the below configuration. The images are from Showpad.
|Internal Permission||External Permission||Custom Permission|
You can set up labels from the Fields setting page by following the method shown in the Label Publishing section. Labels in the following image were set up based on the image above that shows the permission groups in Showpad. All three labels are grouped under one field called Set Asset permission.
You can publish to Showpad libraries from CMP. On the CMP end, the Showpad libraries are added as labels by following the process shown in the Label Publishing section. Your libraries should be put under one label group. While publishing from the CMP, select the desired Showpad library from the label. By default, Showpad's global library is set as the publishing destination. The following image groups two Showpad libraries Global and Integration Library under the field Showpad Library.
- Showpad Libraries
- Setting up the Libraries as labels in CMP
- The libraries are coming up as selectable labels for CMP assets
The Optimizely Solution Expert Services team completes the deployment of the integration. The solution consultant working on your project works with you during onboarding to deploy the integration to your CMP instance. With the CMP configuration completed, they will be able to:
- Library/Division – Map the CMP Showpad library label to Showpad libraries
- Labels/Tags – Map the CMP taxonomy to the Showpad taxonomy
- Permissions – Map the CMP Showpad permissions group to the right permissions in Showpad
- Trigger – Configure webhooks callback URL to trigger the integration
Folder publishing method
For folder publishing, the asset is either uploaded into the Publishing Folder or sent to the publishing folder from a CMP task. This will trigger the push to Showpad.
Publishing assets from the task into the Publishing Folder
- In a task, collaborate with your team to create the final asset. Upload the asset in the Content section of the task.
- Choose the assets to send to the Publishing Folder from the task level. By default your assets are pushed into the library (Publishing Folder).
- Go to the Content section of the task.
- Select List view.
- Select the assets that you do not want to push into the library.
- Open the option menu (...) and select Save to Library.
- Select desired labels/tags for your assets.
- Select the Showpad permission group and Showpad library where you want to send the assets to.
- Make sure that the asset will be published in the Publishing Folder in CMP when this task is complete by going into the list view and checking the asset cards.
- Complete the workflow which pushes the assets into the Publishing Folder in the library.
- Within a few moments, the assets will appear in your Showpad Library.
Upload the assets directly into the Publishing Folder
- Go to the Publishing Folder in the CMP library.
- Upload assets directly and tag the assets with the required labels.
- After you save the assets will be uploaded into the Publishing Folder.
- A few moments later the assets are pushed into Showpad with all the labels.
Label publishing method
After you add the publishing label to an asset in the library it is pushed to Showpad. You can add labels to assets from the task level too.
Label publishing from a task
- From the task, add the publishing label to the assets you want to send to Showpad.
- Make sure the asset will be sent to the library.
- Complete the task.
- After the asset is in the library with the publishing label it will be pushed to Showpad.
Label Publishing directly from the library
- From the CMP library, pick an asset that you would like to send to Showpad and add the publishing label.
- As soon as the label is saved the asset will be pushed to Showpad.
Assets in the CMP library that have been pushed to Showpad can be updated and have their changes reflected in Showpad. The update includes changing the title, and labels, or uploading a new version from the CMP. After the updates have been made the integration will automatically sync the changes to Showpad as long as the Sync conditions remain true (folder publishing or label publishing).
You can remove assets from Showpad and CMP in a few ways.
- If you delete the asset from the CMP library, it is also deleted from Showpad. This applies to both Folder and Label publishing.
- For folder publishing, if the asset is moved out from the folder, it is removed from Showpad. If it is put back into the publishing folder, it is published as a new asset in Showpad.
- For Label publishing, removing the label from the asset will also delete it from Showpad. Appending the label again will publish it back to Showpad as a new asset.