View LinkrUI assets
The view buttons are at the bottom right of the panel.
- – Thumbnail view displays by default. You can see an asset preview, asset name, and an asset status (icon). Hovering over the asset's thumbnail displays the file type and actions menu button.
- – List view optimizes space and consolidates important asset information - including small previews, names, file types, and status icons.
– Used in conjunction with Thumbnail or List view, click to display or close details of a selected asset.
Search and filter LinkrUI assets
You can search within a view or a collection by entering text in the search bar. The LinkrUI search results are identical to the displayed search results in the selected DAM.
You can refine your selection of assets and filter for the asset you need by type. Click the filter button at the top right side of the LinkrUI panel to filter assets. Select the file types you want to find and click Show Results.
You can upload assets from your local file system into the DAM library. To upload a file, open the option menu () and select the Upload New Asset option.
On the Upload New Asset page, you can:
- Give the file a name that is different from the original file name.
- Specify the destination Folder in which to upload the assets (DAM specific)
When fields are set, click Upload. You can close the Uploads window to continue working with LinkrUI while assets are uploading. To track the upload progress, open the option menu and select Uploads.
Asset status icons in the LinkrUI panel
The following list describes status icons and symbols that appear for assets in the LinkrUI panel.
- – Cloud: Your asset is in the DAM cloud only.
- – Local: Your asset is local. When you open or place an asset, a version of it is copied to the local device. When the download is completed, the asset icon changes from Cloud to Local.
- – Problematic: A problem was detected when you tried to open or place the asset due to permissions issues or asset corruption.
– Conflict: Your local asset has a conflict because of the following possible reasons:
If you hover over the Conflict icon, a tooltip displays the reason for the conflict.
- Your local asset version is newer.
- The DAM asset version is newer.
- There is a conflict between your local asset version and the DAM version (the asset was modified both locally and in DAM).
- – In progress: Your asset is in the process of opening, placing, updating, resetting or purging (depending on the action selected).
LinkrUI asset actions
You can perform the following actions to DAM assets:
Open – Open assets that are in the DAM into Adobe applications. It downloads a copy of the DAM version to the local device and then changes the status from Cloud to Local.
The Open option is available in the asset action menu list only if it’s supported by the application running LUI.
- Place – Place assets that are in the DAM into Adobe applications. It downloads a copy of the DAM version to the local device and then changes from Cloud to Local.
Update – Update and synchronize your local asset changes into the DAM. When you save your local changes, the status is changed from Local to Conflict and an Update option becomes available in the asset action menu list.
The Update option becomes available in the asset actions menu list only after saving local changes.
Purge – Removes the local asset copy from the local device and makes the asset Cloud-only. It does not affect your assets saved to the DAM.
The Purge option is available in the asset actions menu list only for assets with a Local status.
Reset – Deletes the local asset copy from the local device and re-downloads the current asset version from the DAM.
The Reset option is available in the asset actions menu list only for assets that are with a Conflict status.
To set Preferences, open the options menu (≡) in the upper right and select Preferences. Preferences includes the following:
Asset size – Thumbnails are 120 pixels by default, but you can change the default size of asset thumbnails by dragging the slider.
Search – Select Global or Content sensitive.
This feature is only visible for hierarchical DAMs and only affects search when viewing a grid.
Context sensitive - Search results are from the current selected folder and subfolders. When you select a folder and then search, results display only from that folder and its subfolders.
Global – Search in the current selected view or collection. When you are in a folder and Global is selected, the search returns results from the view or collection, even in the parent folders "above" the selected folder.
- Context sensitive - Search results are from the current selected folder and subfolders. When you select a folder and then search, results display only from that folder and its subfolders.
Local asset cache purge interval – Set to Never by default. Purging assets removes the local copy of your asset. It does not affect your assets saved to the DAM.
Local asset cache folder – By default, LinkrUI Local Asset Cache Folder is stored at C:\Users\<user-name>\Documents. You can select another location for the LinkrUI cache folder by clicking Choose. You can also force clear the asset cache folder. When clicking the Clear Cache button, the assets cached resources are immediately removed from your local device. If there are open assets, a dialog box displays a list of assets that were not cleared.
Clear cache only clears away assets that are not open (in any app).
Link updates – enables bi-directional synchronizing between DAM and InDesign, Photoshop, or Illustrator.
- Auto Update – Updates a changed open or placed asset without notifying the user.
- Prompt – When a placed asset is updated, you can decide to override your local copy with the DAM copy or keep your local version. "<fileName> was updated. Do you want to relink to the new version?"
- Do nothing – Leaves the placed asset as-is, although the placed asset was updated in the DAM.