The standard uni-directional integration between the Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP) and Seismic allows assets to be automatically uploaded and updated from CMP to Seismic. Assets landing in the library and identified via a configurable flag are pushed automatically to Seismic's library alongside their mapped metadata. The integration supports the full lifecycle of the asset from CMP (create, update, delete).
- Uni-directional integration from CMP to Seismic
- Label or folder-based flag to send assets
- Push assets after completing tasks, or one at a time or in bulk from the library
- Push assets to specific Seismic folders
- Push the latest version of assets from the CMP to Seismic
- Update assets taxonomy to have it reflected in Seismic
- Deleted assets in the CMP may be removed from Seismic
- Assets may be published using Seismic’s Dynamic Folders
- A Optimizely Content Marketing Instance (CMP)
- Admin Access to CMP Apps and Integrations
- The library module in CMP
- Seismic integration services agreement
- A Seismic tenant
- Admin access to Seismic (‘My Apps’ and ‘App Registry’)
- If automatic publishing is required, Dynamic Folders configured in Seismic
You need to be a Seismic Premium user with Full Control (System Administrator) permissions. You also need to create an app in Seismic (https://apps.seismic.com/apps) and enable it in your tenant (
- Suggested Short Description – A uni-directional integration from Optimizely Content Marketing Platform to Seismic
- Signing Secret – Share the value you enter in this field with you Optimizely Solution Consultant
- Do you need authentication for your App? – Yes
- Authentication Method – OAuth2 - Authorization Code Flow (User Authentication)
- Client id (client_id) – This value will be auto generated after saving. Share the value in this field with you Optimizely Solution Consultant
- Client secret (client_secret) – This value will be auto generated after saving. Share the value in this field with you Optimizely Solution Consultant
Redirect URIs (redirect_uri) –
https://oauth.pstmn.io/v1/callback(the requirement of this URL temporary during discovery and deployment)
After the app is created it will need to be ‘enabled’ in your tenant. This is done in your tenant's app settings, Settings > System Settings > My Apps (at the bottom of the list)
You can push assets to Seismic by using a specific label or by moving an asset to a specific library folder in CMP. You need to configure only one way to push assets.
Push using a label
You can use a label indicate that an asset should be pushed from CMP to Seismic. such as Label group: "Send to Seismic?" and label value: Yes.
The following process shows how to set up this label.
- Go to your Fields settings page.
- Click Add Field. The Create a New Field view displays.
- Select Label for Field Type.
- Select Single-Select (preferred) or Multi-Select.
- Enter an intuitive name in the Field Name so that your colleagues know what this label is used for.
- Click Create.
Push from a folder
To push asset to Seismic based on the CMP folder, create a dedicated folder in the Library section of your CMP instance. Content added to this folder is pushed to Seismic.
- Go to your library in CMP and click Create Folder.
- Enter a name for your folder and click Create.
- Share the folder name with your solutions consultant.
You also can preselect the Publishing Folder as your default publishing destination from the workflow settings, which is worth doing if your workflows relate directly with creating content for Seismic.
- Select the workflows from your avatar > Workflows Push to Library.
- Select your Publishing Folder as the primary publishing destination. Assets pushed from tasks using this workflow will automatically go into the selected destination.
Taxonomy setup in CMP
For taxonomy to be sent as properties to Seismic, set up and manage related fields in CMP.
The process for adding fields is the same as setting up the label to indicate the asset should be pushed to Seismic, just changing the field types, names and options values to suit. See Taxonomy Support Pages for details on how field inheritance works, plus how to set up and manage fields.
Configure the App and Webhook
- Go to your avatar > Apps & Webhooks.
- Click Register App and fill out the form with the following details.
- Select Production mode. (If you are setting up just for testing, then select Development.)
- Name – Seismic
- Description – A standard uni-directional integration between the Optimizely Content Marketing Platform (CMP) and Seismic.
- Expose Email Address – Do not expose.
- Homepage URL – Enter the URL to your Seismic tenant.
Authorization Callback URL’s –
- Click Create App. The grid view of registered applications displays.
- Click your application and click Edit to see two new fields displayed:
The Client ID and Client Secret are generated for your application. Share the value in this field with you Optimizely Solution Consultant. Keep these values safe.
- Next set up a CMP Webhook – Go to your avatar > Apps & Webhooks.
- Open the Webhooks tab to access the options.
- Click Register New and fill out the form with the following details.
- Name - Sending Assets to Seismic
- Description - This webhook setup will send assets to Seismic when they land in Optimizely Content Marketing Platform library.
- Callback URL – Enter the URL provided by your solutions consultant (from the Workflow Public URL from the Parent: CMP Event Handler workflow in the clients Tray solution instance).
Events - Select the following events for proper integration:
- Click Save.
The Optimizely CMP Solution Consultant team completes the deployment of the integration. The solution consultant works with you, letting you complete configuration of integration in both CMP and Seismic where possible. (You may need to involve your Seismic representative to configure Seismic-specific items such as Dynamic Folders for auto-publishing.) This work includes:
- Deploy a Seismic Integration instance for your use.
- Set your configuration in the integration instance.
- Complete the mapping of your required taxonomy to fields and values required by Seismic API.
Use the Integration
Publish net new assets
While completing task workflow, and the assets added to the task is required to go to Seismic, add the assets and complete the relevant fields values that are needed by Seismic. The asset is sent to Seismic in near real-time when it arrives in CMP’s library. The integration uses the field values on the asset to populate properties and other metadata in Seismic.
Part of the data is confirms in the integration that the asset is meant for Seismic, either by a field value or the folder it has been placed in CMP’s library. You may select the folder the asset should be saved to in the library in the icon on the Content tab of the task.
Alternatively, you can add assets directly to the library, in any folder by clicking Upload.
After you select and upload assets, you should complete relevant fields values that are needed by Seismic.
The asset is sent to Seismic in near real-time.
The integration uses the assets metadata and field values to populate Seismic properties and part of the data confirms the asset is meant for Seismic.
When you update assets through a task or directly in the library, by creating an updated version of the asset or updating fields, the updates are sent to Seismic also in near real-time.
You can update Seismic assets through tasks or directly in the library and have changes reflected in Seismic. The updates may include changing the title, expiry date, fields and labels, or adding a new version of the asset. After updates are made in CMP, the integration automatically synchronizes the changes to Seismic, also in near real-time, as long as the synchronization conditions remain true (is in the correct folder or has the correct label for publishing).
You can remove assets from Seismic and CMP in a few ways.
- If you delete the asset from the CMP library, the integration may be configured to also delete or expire the asset in Seismic. This applies to both folder and label publishing.
- For label publishing, removing the label from the asset also deletes or expires the asset in Seismic. Appending the label again published it back to Seismic as a new asset or version.
- For folder publishing, moving an asset out of the folders synchronized with Seismic also deletes or expires the asset in Seismic. However, moving the asset back into a corresponding folder publishes it back to Seismic as a new asset or version.