The Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) integration with Klaviyo adds your customer and email activity data to ODP. ODP automatically captures email send, open, and click events, along with onsite sessions, for your customers, while also synchronizing ODP insights and observations back to Klaviyo regularly.
You must separately enable both the integration to send data to ODP (collect) and the integration to send data back to Klaviyo (sync) to take advantage of both functions.
To integrate ODP with your Klaviyo account, generate a private API key and locate your public key.
Log in to Klaviyo and go to Account > Settings > API Keys > Create API Key. You may want to label this key as ODP so that you know where it will be used. Find your public key for Klaviyo Sync in the header.
Configure send data from Klaviyo to ODP
Enable the ODP Klaviyo Collect app to send customers and email activity into ODP.
The data made available by the integration is:
- Customer data – Customers on the selected lists who have subscribed or unsubscribed since being on Klaviyo, plus any customer who has had activity in the last 90 days.
- Subscription data – Subscription status is set as follows:
- List Subscribe – If the customer is subscribed to one or more synced lists, that will send a subscribe event to ODP and they show on a ODP list.
- List Unsubscribe – If the customer has unsubscribed from one or more synced lists, that will send an unsubscribe event to ODP and they will show as unsubscribed from the ODP list.
- Global unsubscribe – If the customer has unsubscribed from all marketing messages, their Marketing Consent status will be “Opted-Out” in ODP. Otherwise, it will be “Unknown” (implied consent).
- Hard bounce – If the customer has a hard bounce during an email campaign, that sets their Reachability status to “Unreachable - Hard Bounce” in ODP.
- Email Activity Data – The last 90 days of activity, including sends, opens, clicks, and bounces.
- Go to App Directory > Klaviyo Collect > Install App.
- Next, generate a private API key in Klaviyo and insert that key into the API Key field. Authenticate to test the connection.
- Finally, configure the lists and metrics to sync to ODP. We recommend syncing all metrics to ODP to generate the most insights and observations.
- Click Save > Start Initial Import. It may take several hours before all data is available.
Configure send data from ODP to Klaviyo
Enable the ODP Klaviyo Sync app to send customer insights, observations, and attributes that are generated in ODP back to Klaviyo for campaign targeting. ODP returns data to Klaviyo as custom fields.
You can send any customer attribute, insight, or observation back to Klaviyo. ODP suggests a default set of attributes, but you can add or delete attributes at any time.
Deleting an attribute from your settings does not remove the field or the data on Klaviyo. You will need to delete the field yourself.
Data synchronizes every night for all customers in ODP with an email. ODP does not create new customers in Klaviyo.
- Go to App Directory > Klaviyo Sync > Install App.
- Next, find your public API key in Klaviyo and insert that key into the API Key field. Authenticate to test the connection.
- Configure your sync. You may add or remove fields to synchronize, or retain the defaults. Click Fields for Sync to see a list of options. After you identify the fields that you want to synchronize, click Save. Make sure you save even if you do not make changes to the defaults. You can start an immediate synchronization or wait to synchronize overnight.
- Come back to this page at any time to make changes to this configuration.