- Optimizely Web Experimentation
- Optimizely Performance Edge
You can configure bounce rate and exit rate metrics on pageview events, then add them to new or already-running experiments. For more information on what bounce and exit rates are, and how to interpret them, see Bounce and exit rate metrics.
To add a bounce rate or exit rate metric to a new experiment:
- On the Experiments page, create an experiment or select an existing one.
- Click Metrics.
- Select the pageview event you want to use as a metric.
- Select Decrease as the winning direction.
The goal is typically to decrease bounce and exit rates by making your website more engaging.
- Select bounce rate or exit rate from the measurements drop-down list.
- Click Save to Experiment.
- Click Save.