Optimizely Customized Commerce's payments include payment types, payment gateways, and payment methods.
Payment type – The properties for a particular payment type. For example, a credit card payment type contains credit card number, card expiration date, and card type. Customized Commerce provides the following payment types by default:
- Payment by phone
- Exchange payment
- Credit card payment
- Other Payment
You can add additional payment providers in Customized Commerce.
- Payment gateway – An interface for payment processing. The payment gateway receives the payment type and executes the payment transaction with the payment system (such as PayPal). Each payment gateway has one payment type.
- Payment method – Information about the way the customer views a payment option and has a payment gateway associated with it.
You can provide customers on the website with multiple payment options. You can customize and apply payment methods for specific markets.
Go to Administration > Payments. The overview lists existing payments by language (a payment has to be assigned to a language that is valid for the website).
- Go to Administration > Payments.
- Click Create to add a new payment, or select More Options > Edit to modify an existing one.
- Enter values in the Details tab as described below. Click Save when done:
- Name – The payment name as displayed to the user.
- System Keyword – A unique name for each gateway instance; non-unique keywords do not save to the database. You cannot edit the keyword later.
- Description – A description displayed to the user.
- Sort Order – A number to order the payment method in the list of payment.
- Language – A language for the payment gateway.
- Class Name – The gateway class name associated with the payment.
- Payment Class – The gateway payment name associated with the payment.
- IsActive – The setting to activate or deactivate the payment method.
- IsDefault – The setting to make this payment method the default.
- Supports Recurring – Select Yes to support recurring payment, such as a subscription.
- Restricted Shipping Methods – Excluded shipping methods for the payment.
- Go to the Parameters tab and click Add Parameter. Click Save.
- Go to the Markets tab and select the markets that can use the payment method. Click Save. See the developer documentation to define markets.
A payment only appears in the list of available payments when you have assigned it to the market, a valid market language, and a valid site language.
Go to More Options > Delete on the Payments page to delete a payment. Click OK to confirm. You can also delete multiple payments by selecting the payments, clicking Delete Selected, and clicking OK to confirm.