This topic is intended for administrators and developers with administration access rights in Optimizely.
A shipping provider class interacts with a shipping service, such as USPS, UPS, or FedEX by retrieving shipping price information. A provider can present specific scenarios with one or more services, such as price by weight or ground shipping.
Shipping providers are managed from the Administration view under Shipping. See also Shipping Methods.
The shipping provider overview lists existing providers and their types.
Creating and editing a shipping provider
- In the Administration view, select Shipping and Shipping Providers.
- Click Create to add a new shipping provider, or select Edit in the context menu to modify an existing one.
- Enter values in the Overview tab. System Keyword (no spaces) and Class Name are provided through code, see Optimizely World for technical details. Click Save when done.
- Enter values in the Parameters tab, click Save when done.
- Enter values in the Packages tab, click Save when done.
The Parameters and Packages tabs are partially implemented to let developers fully customize those features.
Deleting shipping providers
In the Shipping Providers overview, select Delete in the context menu for the shipping method you want to delete. Click OK to confirm.