A shipping provider class interacts with a shipping service, such as USPS, UPS, or FedEx by retrieving shipping price information. A provider can present specific scenarios with one or more services, such as price by weight or ground shipping.
You can manage shipping providers from Administration > Shipping. See also Shipping Methods.
The shipping provider overview lists existing providers and their types.
Create and edit a shipping provider
- Go to Administration > Shipping > Shipping Providers.
- Click Create to add a new provider, or select More Options > Edit to modify an existing one.
- Enter the Name and Description in the Overview tab. See the developer documentation to learn more about setting the System Keyword (no spaces) and Class Name. Click Save.
- Go to the Parameters tab, and Add parameter, if desired. Click Save.
- Go to the Packages tab and click Add. Enter the Package and Package Name. Click Save.
The Parameters and Packages tabs are partially implemented to let developers fully customize those features.
Delete shipping providers
Select More Options > Delete to delete a particular method. Click OK to confirm.