In this scenario, a user has set up microsites and only wants certain customers to view these sites. The user has created these microsites to allow loyal clients deep discounts on overstocked products. The user wants to ensure that only these clients are allowed access and that all other customers are restricted from these sites.
This restriction works on customers for whom Bill To is toggled to Yes, and is not applied to customers for whom Bill To is toggled to No and Ship To is toggled to Yes.
Below are the steps to update a website's settings to make it a restricted website.
- Go to Admin Console > Websites.
- Click Edit for the desired Website.
- Click the Restricted Website toggle to show Yes.
- Click Save.
The site is now restricted. Only customers who are given access to the site can view the webpage. The next process is to assign customers access to the restricted site.
Below are the steps to provide access to shoppers to the restricted website.
- Go to Admn Console > Customers.
- Click Edit for the desired customer or select multiple customers and use the Multi-Edit on the Secondary Header.
- Click Restricted Websites finger tab.
- Click Assign Website.
- Select the restricted websites from the list, click Assign and then click Done .
Now that the changes are made, only customers that are assigned to this site have access. Other customers still can see the login page for the site, but they cannot log in. They will receive a "no customer record" error when trying to log in.