Although integration with an ERP or other platforms handles most implementation work, you can perform much of Optimizely Configured Commerce's functionality manually. Create a site manually to produce demo sites for sales presentations, test site performance, or train on the platform. Below are the steps required to set up enough features to complete a transaction on the website. You can then build other areas of functionality.
- Configured Commerce sets Currency, Language, Country, and State by default. However, Optimizely recommends that you go through these steps manually.
- This article assumes the website has already been installed.
- Create a new currency and assign it to a website.
- Create a new language and assign it to a website.
- Create and assign a state and countries.
- Create and assign a carrier.
- Create carrier services.
- Create a customer.
- Create website users.
- Website Users must be assigned to at least one customer.
- Website Users must be assigned to at least one website
- Activate user (send Activation Email).
- Email stored in c:\Temp by default
- Create and assign a payment method.
- Create and assign a product.
- Create a category and assign products.
- Rebuild the Product Search Index.
- Complete the checkout process to validate.