The following is a cumulative list of enhancements and major bug fixes in each Optimizely Web Experimentation release. Because Optimizely Web Experimentation releases new features and fixes as soon as they are ready, this list will update regularly. Follow this article to receive notifications.
- Released automatic SRM detection.
- Timing is everything! Every customer needs to quickly identify problems and protect their experiments from unintended traffic imbalances. Optimizely now automatically runs SRM detection tests embedded within your Stats Engine A/B experiments. When our detector finds unusual imbalances in visitor traffic to an experiment's variations, it identifies the severity and then sends out an in-product notification. You can now detect experiment problems early and without manual effort. Read the Optimizely blog post, A smoke alarm for your experiments: Introducing Optimizely’s Automatic sample ratio mismatch Detection, to learn more.
- Released Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Report Generation to general availability. This feature allows you to create GA4 audiences based on any experiment variation to quickly compare and contrast the performance of variations. It provides automated user and event attribution to audiences for easy report generation and eliminates the need for manual configuration in GA4 for experiment analysis.
New beta features
- Added AI content suggestions for the Web Visual Editor, letting you generate AI-powered suggested content for any existing copy on a page.
Experiment Collaboration is designed to help teams manage their experiment ideation, planning, and hypothesis-creation process more effectively. You can currently link your Optimizely Web experiments to your Hypothesis through your experiment URL. Learn more and create your first hypothesis by following the seven steps to set up Experiment Collaboration.
- Added warning message on the old Adobe Audience Manager integration directing you to use the NEW Adobe Audience Manager integration.
- Added the following optional columns to the Experiments page: Creator, Started, Last Paused, Last Published, Primary Metric, Visitors, Days Running, Variations, Pages, Audiences, Targeting Method, Distribution Mode.
- Added the ability to select which columns display on the Experiments page.
- Added the ability to customize the columns that display for all tables in the Optimizely Web Experimentation application.
- Released the new Report Generation beta for the built-in Google Analytics 4 (GA4) integration with the ability to create/manage GA4 audiences based on Optimizely Web Experimentation variations. See Integrate Google Analytics 4 (GA4).
- Fixed an issue where the link headers (
rel=last) returned inconsistently for the List Campaigns REST API.
- Added support for shadow Document Object Model (DOM) at the snippet level for the Visual Editor. See Enable shadow DOM support for the Visual Editor.
- Added back the ability to unarchive experiments. See Manage experiments and campaigns.
- Added checkboxes to the Settings > Advanced page for deactivation of new pages and undoing changes when pages deactivate.
- Fixed an issue with the email that Optimizely sent when changing your email address on the Profile.
- Ended support for Internet Explorer (IE) 11 on April 15, 2023. See Supported browsers for Optimizely Experimentation.
- Removed cross-browser testing.
- Released Component Trackers for Events, Extensions, and Audiences from Beta to production, which allow you to view which experiment assets (Events, Extensions, and Audiences) are used in active and paused experiments. See Component Trackers in Optimizely Web Experimentation.
- Released built-in Google Analytics 4 (GA4) integration from Beta to production, which allows you to track your Optimizely Web Experimentation experiments in GA4. See Integrate Google Analytics 4 (GA4).
- Updated the Export CSV, Share, Edit Experiment, and Manage Metrics text links that display on the Experiment Results page to icons.
- Added snippet details to both the Edit Basic Snippet and Edit Custom Snippet pages.
- Added revision number to the snippet details for basic and custom snippets.
- Updated the description for Exact Match in the Simple Match dropdown list when creating a new page (in the Page Settings section of Implementation > Pages > Create New Page).
- Updated the Integrations page within an experiment so that the Save option is only clickable when you make changes.
- Updated the Experiments page so that descriptions display for archived experiments.
- Removed the ability to unarchive experiments. See Manage experiments and campaigns.
- Fixed an issue where Optimizely Data Platform (ODP) real-time segment audience size estimates in Optimizely Web Experimentation displayed incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where Optimizely Web Experimentation was not configured for the APJ host.
New Beta features
- Added Component Trackers for Events, Extensions, and Audiences which allow you to view which experiment assets (Events, Extensions, and Audiences) are used in active and paused experiments. See Component Trackers in Optimizely Web Experimentation (Beta).
- Added built-in Google Analytics 4 (GA4) integration, which allows you to track your Optimizely Web Experimentation experiments in GA4. See Integrate Google Analytics 4 (GA4) Beta.