You can create custom fields to capture data that is not already provided in our reserved list for each object. However, the new fields only capture data after you create them.
When uploading data for custom fields, you must use the field's tag name. If you are not sure what the tag name is, go to Account Settings > Objects & Fields.
You can check your current Objects & Fields here.
Create a new custom field
To create a new custom field that will be available in APIs and throughout Data Core Service (DCS):
- Go to Account Settings > Objects & Fields.
- Click Create New Field.
- Complete the following fields:
- Object Containing New Field - The object on which you want the field
- Field Display Name - How the field will display in analytics in the app
- Field Name - How you will reference the field in APIs
- Field Type - Data type of the field (the field type is used for validation in APIs)
- Field Description (Optional) - Reference information/context you want to provide for others about the field
- Click Save.