Square is a plug-in that you can configure to process payments when completing an order on your Optimizely Configured Commerce website.
The Square payment gateway utilizes Square’s Web Payments SDK Iframe rather than TokenEx, and as such is locked behind the system-level IFrame setting. Submit a Support ticket request to update your Sandbox environment with the Payment Gateway IFrame value set to Square. Once updated, your Sandbox’s IFrame across all sites uses the Square Iframe, and you can no longer use TokenEx.
Due to data incompatibility across iframes, changing to a different iframe (such as TokenEx, Paymetric, Square Drop-in, or Adyen Drop-in) deletes all existing saved payment methods for all web users.
- Go to Admin Console> System > Settings.
- Search for and select Payment Gateway.
- Select Square from the Payment Gateway menu. Note that regardless of this setting, the connector will not function until steps are followed to update the Iframe setting via a support ticket.
- Populate the fields listed below with the criteria provided via your Square account.
Field Name Description Application ID
The Application ID for Square (from the Square Developer Dashboard). These will be different values across production and sandbox.
The Location ID for Square (from the Square Developer Dashboard). These will be different values across production and sandbox.
Access Token The access token for Square (from the Square Developer Dashboard). These will be different values across production and sandbox.
If Yes, Square live endpoints will be used for transactions and charges will be processed. Set to 'No' to have transactions use the Square sandbox endpoints for testing. Default value: No
- Configured Commerce does NOT store sensitive credit card or profile information.
- Square does not allow partial voids or captures, and as such voiding and capturing Square transactions via the Admin Console will always use the full transaction amount.
- Submitting new transactions via the Admin Console are currently unavailable when using the Square gateway.